Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
Re: The virus is ripping through me
      11/22/02 12:06 PM

Are you the same person who posted "I need help" back on the 18th? If so I'm the one who posted the major slap upside the head (which you thanked me for).

First off, I have been positive for over 4 years burning skin is more a sign of major stress then it is of HIV. The Virus has no care of your awake or asleep it attacks virgin T-cells regardless of what you are doing.

You say you are convinced that you have been infected, however you don't even know if the woman who performed oral sex on you was positive or not.

You have an obsession with HIV it's no different then the guy on here who was convinced of infection from the lap dance he received (while clothed) or from the guy who was convinced of infected after shaving his pubes before a date then having protected sex, or the woman who was convinced of infection from sitting on a toilet seat then discovering a drop of blood on it, or the guy who was convinced of infection from having his ass fingered by a guy who had just jerked off and cum on his hands (even tho the guy had washed his hands before fingering him).

In each of these cases and usually after counseling the people who were so convinced usually come back and thank those of us who try to provide a voice of reason, letting us know that they finally worked through their obsession and finally believe their tests. I strongly think you should try to find a counselor to talk to. Someone who can try to help you figure out why you have this obsession, and help you deal with the symptoms that you are having. Definitely get the HIV test, but when you do believe the results.

Don't do what others have done on here which is test constantly for a year or more, doubting the tests, thinking that not only are they the first person to ever be infected a specific way, but they have a type of HIV that can't be detected with current tests. There was one guy on here what wanted his doctor to check his blood with an electron microscope and try to see the Virus in his blood which he felt burning inside of him, but no test could find.

Let us know how things go, but try to put some reason into your thinking and try to see that your obsession with this is not healthy and is causing you more problems then HIV has caused most of us who are actually infected.

Gregg

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* The virus is ripping through me Anonymous 11/22/02 01:02 AM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me Anonymous   11/22/02 04:18 PM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me gregg629   11/22/02 12:06 PM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me Anonymous   11/22/02 07:07 AM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me juliekay   11/22/02 03:15 AM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me Anonymous   11/22/02 07:18 AM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me Anonymous   11/22/02 06:29 AM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me Kim   11/22/02 03:37 PM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me Anonymous   11/22/02 07:53 PM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me Anonymous   11/23/02 08:10 AM
. * Re: The virus is ripping through me Anonymous   11/23/02 08:33 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3206

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3