Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

DUDE
Unregistered

NEW POST GETS ME ANGRY-Here's the CDC's guidelines
      05/23/00 09:48 PM

Geez,
After all the information out there about testing, accuracy, sensitivity, window periods, seroconversion, we have
a butthead posting that he has to test at 2 and 3 years. Can you believe this insanity? These people want to
be infected! I swear! I just cannot believe it. All those people arguing about PRC's and the Euopean's window period and seroconversion, then we get some asswipe posting "I gotta test again in 3 years." GEEz it pisses me off. To those reading the post here are the CDC official guidelines on the HIV anti-body test.
How long after a possible exposure should I wait to get
tested for HIV?

The tests commonly used to detect HIV infection actually look for antibodies produced by your
body to fight HIV. Most people will develop detectable antibodies within 3 months after
infection, the average being 25 days. In rare cases, it can take up to 6 months. For this reason,
the CDC currently recommends testing 6 months after the last possible exposure (unprotected
vaginal, anal, or oral sex or sharing needles). It would be extremely rare to take longer than 6
months to develop detectable antibodies. It is important, during the 6 months between exposure
and the test, to protect yourself and others from further possible exposures to HIV.

The CDC National AIDS Hotline can provide more information and referrals to testing sites in
your area. The Hotline numbers are 1-800-342-2437 (English), 1-800-344-7432 (Spanish), or
1-800-243-7889 (TTY).

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* NEW POST GETS ME ANGRY-Here's the CDC's guidelines DUDE 05/23/00 09:48 PM
. * RELAX DUDE Anonymous   05/24/00 04:14 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1238

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3