Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous Idiot
Unregistered

Jackie!!! Help.... Lymph Nodes Question
      10/15/02 02:51 PM

Hi Jackie, All,

Can you help... Are there lymph nodes in the small of your back, just to the right side of the spine, I feel lumps that can be moved and feel irritated....

Also, I still have very prominent swellings under the jaw on both sides and below the ear.

Also, yes, there is more.... I have what feels like lymph node swelling along the collar bone (Just under it behind the bone) and a couple of hard nodules in my groin crease. I get pains there. I also have tons of hard lumps in my lips although I had 3 removed and biopsied. The doctor said they are non-specific and I have chronic inflammation of the salivary glands. Does this non-specific rule out HIV? Would glands swollen from that have had some kind of distinctive pattern or something?

I have had testing out to 17 months (5 different times) via ELISA only. All came back negative and one of those was for HIV-2.

By all accounts I am sure you think I am stupid and need not worry, but how come these lumps are all over. I have been reading a lot on the web and anything that talks about swollen glands over a long period of time points to HIV. Any other type of malignancy would have probably caused me to keel over by now and just die. :)

I have lost quite a bit of weight over the last year and now have very little fat on me at all. I have not changed my diet much, although I cut down on some beer, and I still smoke.

If you are still awake, here are my questions.

Do I need to test again? It has now been 2 years since the encounters in questions.
Do I need to take some other kind of test, every test so far has been ELISA only.
What on earth can be causing all these nodes to swell?

Thanks much, I appreciate anyone taking the time to give me advice. For those of you who wish to berate me about being obviously negative send me your address, I will mail you enough money to call someone who wants to hear it. I don't!

Thanks,

AI

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Jackie!!! Help.... Lymph Nodes Question Anonymous Idiot 10/15/02 02:51 PM
. * Re: Jackie!!! Help.... Lymph Nodes Question Anonymous   10/15/02 03:23 PM
. * Re: Jackie!!! Help.... Lymph Nodes Question Anonymous   10/15/02 03:29 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1718

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3