Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
Re: Sore Throat and Mouth Sores the Recur
      08/29/02 10:16 PM

Brian
I really dont think any testing from this point on is going to give you any answers. There are lots of us with weird symptoms, and swear that we were never like this before the encounter in question. I think this could very well be true, but none of us have become ill to the point of being on our deathbed and none of us have come down with PCP or something yet. None of us have tested positive for HIV. So you can hang your hat on that. (sounds easier than it is, I know)
The best advice I can think of that really helped me was to get a hobby. I got an older car and began to work on it. Now I was diagnosing the car's problems on the internet every night, instead of my own. Tens of doctors told me I had nothing to worry about, but when you are so convinced, that means nothing you think they are lying to you.
Stop looking at your labs for a while, and try and LIVE FOR EACH DAY. I know how hard this sounds and I slip all the time back into the STD thinking. Unless somebody figures this out, Stress WILL make it worse.
Hopefully this helps some, I only say all this because Ive been there (still somewhat am) and it really sucks. It can stop your life completely. The good news is you can get over this thing!!

-uhoh

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Sore Throat and Mouth Sores the Recur brianj 08/29/02 04:57 PM
. * Re: Sore Throat and Mouth Sores the Recur uhohblita   08/29/02 10:16 PM
. * Re: Sore Throat and Mouth Sores the Recur brianj   08/29/02 10:38 PM
. * Re: Sore Throat and Mouth Sores the Recur Jake in Newyork   08/29/02 05:59 PM
. * Re: Sore Throat and Mouth Sores the Recur Anonymous   08/29/02 05:35 PM
. * Re: Sore Throat and Mouth Sores the Recur Anonymous   08/29/02 10:02 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14315

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3