Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

D--
Unregistered

Cast your vote
      04/13/00 10:59 AM

CASTE YOUR VOTE

Pls. go thru this and caste your vote

I had a low risk encounter (received oral sex from a sex worker) in Sept.,1999. While she was performing on me, I really got panicked . I asked her to stop after about 6-7 minutes (w/o ejaculation). Came out of that place and washed my penis with urine. I went straight to the doctor and asked him about my risk of getting HIV. To my surprise Doctor told me that the risk is low but it is real. I got panicked and extremely fearful.

I wanted to know more about the Hiv and how one can contract Hiv. I went on to the net and tried looking for answers on symptoms and testing question. I read that most people come down with flu like symptoms. I was praying that I should not get any fever. But I got a blow in my face when I came down with fever exactly after 4 weeks. Fever lasted for about 7 days. During this period, I was terribly upset and went ahead for my 1st test (DNA qualitiative PCR and WB test) after 5 weeks. Both the tests came out negative. I got some time to relax. But then I came down with Diarrhea after 6 weeks, which lasted for another 4-5 days. My fears persisted. It was becoming difficult for me to wait for the window period. After completion of 2 months I went for another test, this time EIA test. Test was negative. But now some pinpoint red dots started appearing on my hands. Along with this I started feeling week and was always feeling sleepy. 3 months passed, Again panicked and extremely stressed.. I went ahead for another WB and EIA - Both negative.

"Thank God' , I escaped, I thought. This was the time when I was to get married. I went ahead for my marriage but the thoughts of HIV were always there in my mind. But the thoughts were little suppressed . I had multiple exposures with my wife (Having thought the 2 things - Primary being I was always a low risk and by 3 months even high risk people (more than 90%) gets seroconverted and if my symptoms were HIV related, I would have come positive by now.) But the thought again bounced back on the day, my wife complained about body/ache and feverish feeling, but no real fever after my 1st unprotected exposure with her.) It lasted for 1 whole night. She was Ok on the next morning. Panicked again, I called up the Doctor. 'You are a fool, he shouted. This can be due to anything and not just thru Hiv. I tried to digest the idea. All days and nights, there were only these thoughts in my mind. Fear of infecting my wife was constantly harming me. Thoughts of what will happen to my parents, (how can they cope with such a new in this old age) was shaking me from deep inside. I was trying hard to pass those 6 months. But as waiting was hard, I went again for another EIA at 4 months and 7 days and another one at 4 months and 25 days, both came back negative.

It was going like this only. I was feeling very low. Then again one fine morning, my wife complaint about the stomach ache. I though Gastroentites, But in the after noon she started with loose stools (thrice that day). She was OK by the night. Again the period of praying started. I went ahead and had my EIA after 5 and a half months - Test result I always knew will come negative and it came back negative.

Hardly I went ahead in my life, My wife developed rashes on her face. She never knew the repercussion of her staying with me. Poor Girl never took the symptoms seriously - I enquired how had she developed these rashes on her face, she told me that she went to the boutique in the afternoon and had a face massage and facial ointments applied on her face. This might be a allergic reaction. I tried to grasp the idea. Talked to a local doctor, he was in complete agreement with my wife.

All the plethora of activities happening in my life was making me feel confused, sick and dying, Last and the fine blow again to my beliefs of "Worried Well" was 15 days back, when My wife developed a sore throat. (But interesting thing was that all her symptoms did not occur simultaneously but with a gap of atleast 1or more weeks .from each of the mentioned symptoms).Same was in my case too.

I decided to go for another test. My lab incharge and doctor refused to take further test. I insisted and at last they allowed one final Elisa at the end of 7 months- This also came out negative.

But by now I had surfed the net a lot and had came thru some statement of doctors stating that in some cases it takes more than 6 months to develop antibodies. (On the site - I have personally read 2 cases - one case mentioned by Dr.. Rick Swodsky and another was the unlucky person who got converted after 13 months. Dr.Mark Houldini has mentioned that there are ore than 2 cases, infact his calculation stated the figure to be somewhere near 65-70.

After reading so much and going thru the all the mentioned symptoms but no positive results, I don't know where I am heading, I had talked to so many doctors : Here are the coments of the doctors, with whom I have consulted my case :

Dr.Rick Swodsky - Nevada Hotline Highly unlikely - Low Risk - No need for tests
Dr.Subhas Hira - Director Aids Research Centre and doing research for last 20 years Test suggest that there is not even a remote possibility
2 Internet Consultant highly unlikely after tests
3 Local consultant highly unlikely after tests
2 local Doctors (GP) not possible after tests
Senior Lab Supervisor (Aids Centre) not possible after tests
Mark Houldini answer awaited

I am planning to go for another DNA Qualitative PCR and WB at the end of 9 months and 12 months respectively.

WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR REACTION AT THIS STAGE IF YOU WERE IN MY POSITION. DO I NEED FURTHER TESTING, IF YES WHAT SHOULD BE LIMIT. I AM THINKING TO HAVE ONE TEST OF MY WIFE ALSO. IF IT COMES OUT NEGATIVE THEN MY CONCLUSION WILL BE THAT IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR BOTH OF US REMAIN NEGATIVE FOR THIS LONG, IF WE ARE INFECTED. YOUR RESPONSE WILL REALLY HELP ME DECIDING MY FATE.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME,
MAY GOD ULFILL ALL YOUR WISHES

BYE

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Cast your vote D-- 04/13/00 10:59 AM
. * Re: Cast your vote WebSupport   04/13/00 11:02 AM
. * Re: Cast your vote afraid   04/13/00 11:01 AM
. * Re: Cast your vote dude   04/13/00 11:01 AM
. * Re: Cast your vote dude   04/13/00 11:02 AM
. * Re: Cast your vote dude   04/13/00 11:03 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1963

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3