Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Richard
Unregistered

Read his Symptoms from year 2000 - tested negative
      02/27/02 10:00 PM

I had a mutual masturbation with a masseuse on September 18. After finishing, I proceeded to clean myself and I accidently squized the tip of my penis several times very hard. So theoratically, I was exposed to the virus. 6 weeks(38 days) after my exposure I developed myriad of symptoms and they are chronologically listed.

Week 6: Flu like symptoms with strong muscle pain for one day, fever for 6 days, rashes for 8 days and lethargy for 10 days. Moderate night sweat for 4 days.No lymph nodes at all.

Week 8: Painful urination and penis. Did all the tests for STDs all came back negative. I even had a cystoscopy and nothing was found to be of significance. This pain lasted for over 3 months.

Week 12: Pain over the URQ and lower abdoman. Liver enzymes were elevated. I had ultra sounds and nothing was found. I had an HIV, HEP B,C,A Mono, CMV at 14 weeks and all came back negative. I still have the pain up till now.

Week 18: I had the worst joint pain I have experience in my whole life. It was very storng in my feet, heels, and hands. It also effected my big joints as well. I did all the test for arthritis and etc. All came back negative. The pain is now confined to my feet.

Week 20: Blemishes on the tongue appeared. They started with small fungali like spot and grow to cover half of my tongue. They were painful sometimes, sometimes they were not. I saw 4 doctors and a dermitologist. Two doctors told me that they were thrush and prescribed medication which did not help at all. One of the two doctors even used a Microscope and assured me that it was thrush,(stupid). The dermitologist and my family doctor could not give a straight answer to what I had on my tongue. My immunologist told me it was a severe case of geographic tongue which can be caused by HIV, a mainfestation of psoriasis. I still have the blemishes up till now even though I noticed recently that they are less conspiceous.

6 months. I had tests for Hep B,C autoimmune, HIV and myriad of other tests related to STDs and the liver as well. All came back negative.

Week 27: Pain developed in the lymph node areas. It started in neck( under the jaw) and spread to cover the armpit, groin and behind the knees.

Week 29: I developed a swollen lymph node on the back of neck. I did not have pain in that area before. The lymph node is located behind the right carotid and above the posterior node. It remaind swollen for 3 days and then went away. The pain in the lymph node areas remained as strong as ever. I also noticed that the nodes under my jaw were getting larger and they started to cause me a lot of pain. The funny thing was that none the swollen lymph nodes was tender, however, the pain in these areas was really bad.

Week 30: I had another Hep B,C and HIV tests all results were negative. I felt a great relief eventhough the pain would not go away. I convinced myself that all the symptoms were related to my anxiety.

Week 35: The same lymph node in the back of my neck became swollen again and it was burning like hell. One week later another one became swollen. I freaked out. I had a blood test measuring my T-Cell. Everything was normal except the WBC count was slightly higher than usual. I thought that was lymphocitous, which could mean that my body has started to produce antibodies and that is why the lymph nodes were getting swollen. My doctor refuse to take another blood simple. I went to another doctor and had the test done and this when I had a positve Elisa and negative Western blot. My doctor stupidly told me that it was indetermined and we should do another test in month time.

week 40: Painful and burning feet and heels. I visited an immunologist who told me that I should not worry about HIV and if symptoms remained present for another 6 months he will repeat the tests. I was not very comfortable with his suggestion. I had too many symptoms which were not going away.

Week 41: Had another HIV and T-Cell count. Negative Hiv and t-cell precentage remained unchanged. The numbers of T-cells fluctuates, however, the percentage should always remain the same.

9 and half months of testing and I am still testing negative. I have been to a counselor and he told me that i am suffering from an anxiety disorder. I am currently on anti depressent pills and hoping for the best.

My current symptoms are as follows
Swollen lymph nodes(neck, armpit, elbow)
Blemishes on the tongue
Burning an painful feet
Upper and lower abdominal pain
THEY ARE THE HALLMARKS OF HIV INFECTION

Viral illnesses cause all of these symptoms and more. HIV is not the only virus that cause these symptoms. All the tests that I had were done with the 3rd generation which could detect type M and O of HIV-1 and HIV-2 iteself.

If anyone here is worried about HIV because of sore throat or white tongue, please do not. The best thing is to get tested and past the 6 months just forget about it completely.

I hope this will help. I am not thinking of HIV anymore as the reason behing my symptoms.

Be safe and all the best
zazoo

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Read his Symptoms from year 2000 - tested negative Richard 02/27/02 10:00 PM
. * Re: Read his Symptoms from year 2000 - tested negative Anonymous   02/28/02 12:59 AM
. * Re: Read his Symptoms from year 2000 - tested nega Anonymous   02/27/02 11:44 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4914

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3