Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Dunkel

Reged: 02/09/14
Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!!
      03/23/14 12:21 PM

Uthervers, I'm no expert, not a doctor, and I don't have HIV, not without officially being diagnosed yet. With that said and out of the way, I have been completely obsessed and reading everything I can on the matter within the past 51 days, and I've spoken to 3 doctors since. I've learned a lot, and I'd like to try and calm your fears. ARS has been researched to develop in recent HIV cases 10-28 days. Or 2-4 weeks. You're saying you didn't start feeling ill until 5 weeks which doesn't fall within the timeline. Secondly, if a person develops a fever through ARS it is generally above 100 degrees or more. Your fever could have been related to a stomach bug, or common virus you caught on the plane. People get sick all the time when they travel, especially during this wintery season. Your lymph nodes can be palpable, or felt. This shouldn't be alarming. When lymph nodes become a problem is when they are enlarged in different locations. You can't diagnose if your lymph node is enlarged. You probably have never felt your lymph nodes prior to this, either. A certified/qualified doctor or physician should be the only one's examining your lymph nodes. Just because you can feel it, doesn't mean something is wrong.

One last thing to add, ARS comes all at once. Not a symptom here, and a symptom there. I hope this helps. Like I said, I'm nobody special, just a concerned person like yourself.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! Uthervers 03/18/14 11:42 AM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! Dunkel   03/23/14 12:21 PM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! Uthervers   03/24/14 10:31 AM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! anotherday   03/22/14 12:21 PM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! crabmanModerator   03/22/14 09:04 PM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! anotherday   03/23/14 03:31 AM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! Uthervers   03/24/14 10:50 AM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! anotherday   03/26/14 10:29 PM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! crabmanModerator   03/27/14 09:56 AM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! anotherday   03/29/14 12:43 PM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! Uthervers   04/22/14 10:19 AM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! aliceland   03/19/14 05:05 AM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! crabmanModerator   03/18/14 08:26 PM
. * Re: Worried after sex with a guy who doesn't believe in HIV!! riverprincessModerator   03/19/14 08:46 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3784

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3