Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Reez79

Reged: 09/23/13
Test was negative at 10 weeks after hiv exposure? Can someone tell me what type of hiv test it was?
      10/11/13 03:10 PM

I had unprotected sex with woman born with hiv 4 or 5 times on July 31st. 4 days later she told me she was born with hiv. I went to the hospital that same day and got pep and took it for a month. I stopped taking it on September 9th.

I got a rapid antibody test on October 4th and was negative. I also a hiv test on October 8th. I think it was a combo test but I'm not sure. The hiv counseler told me it was a antibody test but the paper from the lab says HIV1 AG HIV 1/2 AB

Can someone tell me if it's a combo test or antibody test? I also wanted to know should I be less worried cause I been stressed and losing sleep over this and everything

Edited by Reez79 (10/11/13 05:10 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Test was negative at 10 weeks after hiv exposure? Can someone tell me what type of hiv test it was? Reez79 10/11/13 03:10 PM
. * Re: Test was negative at 10 weeks after hiv exposure? Can someone tell me what type of hiv test it was? crabmanModerator   10/11/13 04:08 PM
. * Re: Test was negative at 10 weeks after hiv exposure? Can someone tell me what type of hiv test it was? Reez79   10/11/13 08:20 PM
. * Re: Test was negative at 10 weeks after hiv exposure? Can someone tell me what type of hiv test it was? crabmanModerator   10/12/13 10:05 AM
. * Re: Test was negative at 10 weeks after hiv exposure? Can someone tell me what type of hiv test it was? Reez79   10/11/13 05:11 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1947

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3