Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Faith1970

Reged: 08/12/13
12 week test today
      09/30/13 11:41 AM

I have my 12 week test for HIV today after I pricked my finger with a needle from a patient that tested HIV negative and hepatitis C positive. My 6 week test was negative for both. I'm scared and I can't help it. My baby this past week had an upper respiratory virus, ear infection, fever, and then when the fever was gone, she developed a viral rash on her stomach and back and forehead. It lasted 2 days. I kept thinking what if she is in ARS? I'm breastfeeding. And I was told I could if patient tested HIV negative. I had the HIV 1/0/2 ICMA antibody test. I know that 95% test positive 4-6 weeks. I keep thinking what if I'm the 5%? I'm confused as to why I was not offered PEP. I was told by physician at PEPline it's not necessary to determine if patient is in the window period and that no source person has transmitted HIV to a healthcare worker in the window period. Why is that? How accurate is a 6 week test? Am I worrying for nothing? Do 6 week test change to positive? Was my baby's symptoms suggestive of ARS?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 12 week test today Faith1970 09/30/13 11:41 AM
. * Re: 12 week test today BigRiji   10/03/13 12:29 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 496

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3