Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

scaredtoday

Reged: 06/24/13
high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk?
      06/24/13 01:59 PM

Hi. I have read many answers and realize many people worry needlessly about activities that aren't really high risk (e.g., oral sex or protected sex). My risky behavior was indeed risky although I'm not sure how much. I am a woman and basically experimented for the first time with another woman. I performed oral sex on her. The problem is that at some point during the night, she started her period. She put in a tampon and I didn't perform oral again after the blood. BUT we fell asleep and awakened maybe 2-3 hours later. I forgot about her period and we started again. Oral again. I don't know if she had wiped away all blood (have no idea). But I have to assume it was at least possible that my mouth contacted her blood (and I have read that hiv can stay alive for a couple of hours outside body). I also performed annilingus and not to be very gross but something just didn't look right--she had basically a rim of skin or something on the outside of her anus. This was an otherwise beautiful woman so I didn't think much of it other than it was weird.

After this event, I learned that she engages in VERY high risk sexual encounters on a regular basis, to include sex clubs, fetish online accounts, and has been doing so for 8+ years. She was also just clearly not taking care of herself, seemed to be an alcoholic, so I feel sure that she does not get regularly tested.

So the next day I started to have a slight dry cough. By 2 or 3 days (not sure which), a sore throat, then by day 3 or 4 headache. After 5 days, night sweats, at which point I went to the ER seeking PEP. No fever and no swollen lymph nodes, but I'm still early so I'm still terrified. But I also felt the electrical pulsing or like my body was shaking at night. I'm 8 days post potential exposure. I also have a very dry throat.

I'm planning to get a PCR test tomorrow bc I have read that they are 99% accurate after 9 days. But I'm just posting bc I want to know if anyone had symptoms literally the day after. I don't know if the dry cough was related to the sore throat that came on day 2 or 3.

So maybe the dry cough wasn't related but the sore throat + headaches + night sweats + electrical pulse / vibrating feeling at night--together all have me VERY terrified.

I'm wondering if anyone on this board is positive and had symptoms at days 1-3 post-exposure. That's the main thing I'm wondering. I know most people have more severe symptoms but that doesn't mean I'm safe. Some people have none and others have mild and I know something isn't right.

Thanks very much to anyone who can give any information.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? scaredtoday 06/24/13 01:59 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? anotherday   06/24/13 02:25 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? scaredtoday   06/24/13 02:37 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? bartlebyAdministrator   06/24/13 03:11 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? scaredtoday   06/24/13 03:41 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? crabmanModerator   06/24/13 04:34 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? scaredtoday   06/24/13 04:50 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? kicker   06/24/13 06:16 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? scaredtoday   06/24/13 06:29 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? anotherday   06/24/13 06:59 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? scaredtoday   06/24/13 07:08 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? crabmanModerator   06/24/13 07:22 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? anotherday   06/24/13 07:12 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? scaredtoday   06/24/13 07:16 PM
. * Re: high risk activity + symptoms the next day or two--risk? crabmanModerator   06/24/13 07:24 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3531

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3