Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Thnkful

Reged: 05/05/13
Positive Elisa Negaive Western Blot
      05/05/13 03:41 PM

I am just posting to let others who may be going though awaiting results that your mind can make you think the worst. I recently got a call from my doctor after a routine physical that I had tested positive on my Elisa and negative on the western blot. I immediately thought the worst. I went into get tested again. While I waited I some how convinced myself that I had a swollen lymphnodes on my neck. I started getting night sweats, and when I was at work my armpits would start to throb. I just wanted to let others know that thinking and stressing about symptoms constantly can actually create them, in your head at least. I was so nervous while I waited and prepared for the worst. I constantly googled the chances of false Elisa tests. When I got my results everything was fine. These tests do fail from time to time. Just know that there is a chance, and that as hard as it is you just have to wait for the results. There is nothing else you can do. In any case, I hope this post can help someone who is freaking out over a positive Elisa and waiting on a retest. I would also like to thank the body website as while I was waiting there was some information on here that caused some comfort. You provide an extremely valuable source of info.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Positive Elisa Negaive Western Blot Thnkful 05/05/13 03:41 PM
. * Re: Positive Elisa Negaive Western Blot crabmanModerator   05/05/13 03:59 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1507

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3