Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: What's wrong with me
      04/24/13 04:28 PM

Here are the logical reasons why it is "impossible" that it's HIV related.

Pilonidal cysts are primarily believed to be caused by sweat/dirt, an ingrown hair, and or trauma. Presence of bacteria around the wound causes the immune system to form a protective barrier around the site turning it into a hard sac. (Think white head if it helps) It takes a pretty active healthy immune system to keep an infection in check like that.

Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. More than 3.5 million skin cancers in over two million people are diagnosed annually. So yes your mole may look "funny", and you should go an have that looked at, but when you look at the numbers compared to HIV infection rates (which is only roughly 50g a year which has the better odds). Also skin cancer when it is full blown cancer doesn't look like what you described and is painful. Again it may be precancerous so you should have it looked at and biopsied if needed, but the chances of a single irregular mole becoming cancerous are slim. If you are covered in moles your chances increase, but since you are pointing out one as being unusual you probably don't have that many to compare to. Also the fact that you stated a shape rather than saying a blob also is a strong indicator of it being normal.

Rashes can be caused by any number of things, stress for one. Hot showers, dry skin, detergent, soap, fabrics, etc. If it's only on your legs and they are small little spots of red I would look into having an exterminator come out for your flee problem especially if you have a dog or a cat that goes outside. Or if you have ever had a animal in your home. Flees can lay in hibernation for up to 5 years. Given the right heat and moisture they become active and reproduce quickly even if there is only one. (It is spring rain and heat)

An IgM deficiency needs to be diagnosed with more than one test. If it's severe enough you would be on medication constantly. It is possible that if you are under 50 that you have something called CVID, which is believed to be a genetic disorder that affects the immune system. It can appear within the first 40 years of life at any point in those years. IF you believe you are sicker than you have ever been and are constantly needing antibiotics then this is the most likely cause for your problems.

Treatment for CVID can drastically increase quality of life unfortunately there is no cure, but it is manageable. Even with CVID you would have tested positive by now for HIV. The only way you wouldn't have would mean you wouldn't be typing on the computer or complaining to anyone for that matter by now. Meaning you would have died from infection or be on deaths doorstep in a hospital.

Ulcerative colitis doesn't really surprise me any with a low IgM, if it is inf act low. (More tests are needed to make sure it wasn't just low on that day). IgM is found in the chest and gut areas in high concentrations as compared to other antibodies. A low IgM could allow for infections of the gut to take hold easier.

Again none of it sounds like HIV infection even with the low IgM. Sorry, but you are worried for nothing and you have multiple tests to prove that. If it's that much of a concern print out this post you made and take it to a doctor or you can just tell your doctor your concerns and have them explain it to you, that would be better than jumping to conclusions that it is HIV when there is no proof (that goes for EVERYONE)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* What's wrong with me Impossible 04/24/13 08:45 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me ashler1977   04/24/13 03:34 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me kicker   04/24/13 04:28 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me Impossible   04/25/13 09:45 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me crabmanModerator   04/25/13 12:02 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me kicker   04/25/13 12:21 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me Impossible   04/25/13 09:15 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me crabmanModerator   04/25/13 09:37 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me Impossible   05/04/13 05:06 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me crabmanModerator   05/04/13 08:04 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me kicker   04/25/13 10:08 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me johnson33   04/29/13 02:58 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me crabmanModerator   04/24/13 09:14 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5514

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3