Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Impossible

Reged: 08/19/10
What's wrong with me
      04/24/13 08:45 AM

So roughly 18 months ago I got in a relationship with a woman I knew was HIV positive. We went to this restaurant and they gave me a really raw steak which I had to send back twice and I'm worried it was contaminated anyways within 1 week of eating at the restaurant and not more then a month into our relationship I got very sick. Fever, extreme fatigue, muscles aches like I've never had, horrible diarrhea, even a rash my EX commented on looked like her seroconversion HIV rash. This sickness was quite prolonged. My Diarrhea never went away and I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in march 2012. Even my GI doctor told me after my colonoscopy she would have thought it was something infectious yet my symptoms had lasted a few months so she ruled it ulcerative colitis.

In Jan 2012 there was even a condom slip incident in which I got PEP for.

I tested negative Dec 2011, Jan 2012, March 2012, August 2012.

Also around the summer I developed a pilonidal cyst yet I had antibiotics(doxycycline) so that helped that.

We ended up breaking up just after I had last tested negative for HIV. Around there my pilonidal cyst became very chronic and it has been almost constantly inflamed since September/October 2012.

I also noticed on my Arm just the other day I have this weird looking kind of mole. It's a really small black dot that's oval shaped with and an irregular border around it. I'm worried this could be cancer and possibly even Kaposi sarcoma.

I've also had this rash on my legs on and off since January which has been quite itchy and irritating. I know my ex had a rash on her hip related to HIV she would put a cortisone cream on.

Anyways quite a few years ago it was discovered I had a IgM(antibody) deficiency as in below the reference range given. Obviously a lack of antibodies being produced is extremely rare however with my previous test below the reference range it certainly increases the odds. The main antibodies for HIV are IgG except that IgM is the 'base' antibody in that it converts to IgG when needed so a IgM deficieny on it's own is counterintuitive.

I'm mostly worried about all of my health issues, my GI doctor in September recommended I get tested for HIV again but I haven't.

There's fairly recent news that a fungus in contaminated food can cause Ulcerative colitis, so it's possible some of my symptoms have to do with the bad food I received at that restaurant.

I've been feeling really tired the past few days with a headache but yeah this raised bump on my arm on top of everything else has me quite worried. It looks like the tiniest oval scab(but I know it's not a scab), the border around it also worries me I know normal moles don't have a weird border.

I know I need to get tested again but it's hard when I'm feeling so bad to even get the energy to go.

I was on antibiotics a couple weeks ago for my pilonidal cyst that made be feel even worse especially in the fatigue department and with my stomach.

My appetite has gone down a lot and with all of my health issues I've only worked out once in the past 16 months or so, I've lost 40-45 lbs and that has been mostly muscle.

I've had some fears regarding HIV before but I wanted to face them, knowing with safe condom use that it's all but impossible to get HIV. However it's just my luck that I've ended up with all of these symptoms and health issues. We always used condoms for regular sex but we didn't use them for oral sex. I had brushed and flossed my teeth right before going down on her early on in our relationship, also had a cut on my finger just before our first date but I made sure not to use that finger.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* What's wrong with me Impossible 04/24/13 08:45 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me ashler1977   04/24/13 03:34 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me kicker   04/24/13 04:28 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me Impossible   04/25/13 09:45 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me crabmanModerator   04/25/13 12:02 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me kicker   04/25/13 12:21 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me Impossible   04/25/13 09:15 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me crabmanModerator   04/25/13 09:37 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me Impossible   05/04/13 05:06 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me crabmanModerator   05/04/13 08:04 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me kicker   04/25/13 10:08 PM
. * Re: What's wrong with me johnson33   04/29/13 02:58 AM
. * Re: What's wrong with me crabmanModerator   04/24/13 09:14 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5492

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3