Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

ImmuneFail

Reged: 04/22/13
Rare occasion, no antibodies? Please answer
      04/23/13 01:42 AM

Hi, first off I just wanted to tell you I've never had any serious life threatening conditions nor any known immune system problems, I had a normal immune system. I don't do drugs or even drink often. I eat pretty healthy and try to stay at active as much as my fatigue allows. I had a known HIV exposure about 20 months ago. Sex with a hooker and the condom slipped off. I had an EIA 9 and 20 months after. finger prick test 14 months after, and 3 mouth swab tests 18-19 months after. Had ARS symptoms 4 weeks after, was sick for several days, high fever. Then sick at 6 weeks after with a high fever for several days. (Can't remember for certain about other symptoms as it was a long time ago) Felt pretty good for awhile then at about 9 months I started showing symptoms. body temp is raised 1-2 degrees constantly from where it was. have horrible diarrhea if I don't get a lot of sleep. always tired and fatigue easily. had a fungal outbreak on my arm 14 months after that lasted for 3 months. I have body aches that seem to come from my lymph nodes in my upper body, they hurt extremely bad and last for 2 days. They usually only happen once every month or two. If I get cut I have trouble stopping bleeding. My cuts also heal very slowly. Headaches. Loss of appetite. Have lost 18 pounds in 5 months without trying to. (I weigh 190 now) Swollen neck lymph nodes for months now. Currently I've had a sore throat for 2.5 weeks. I feel like I've been dulled. I'm not aware of my surroundings, I'm not as smart it seems. Like my brain is being affected. I haven't really gotten sick with a cold or anything for a long time but I constantly am having a lot of these symptoms. All these symptoms are new to me or much worse from before I made my mistake. (Ex. much worse, I get headaches a lot more than I used to) I've been researching online all the rare cases and details of HIV and I think I'm one of them. I've read about numerous occasions of people never producing antibodies to HIV. (Even after 6 months) Result, they go undetected until they are near death. Usually they find out with a PCR test of some sort. Then die shortly after because they progressed rapidly to AIDS since they don't have antibodies to help out.
My questions are: Would you recommend I get a PCR test? Do you know what else MIGHT be causing this? What do you think of my symptoms? Can you offer some insight on what causes this phenomenon? Any other advice?
I try to stay positive and believe the doctors that I'm just a hypochondriac. But how can I if I feel this way and I know I had an exposure?

I'm very worried. If my prediction is correct I'm likely progressing rapidly and could die soon. Please respond ASAP.

P.S. Any people who worry they are in the same boat, you most likely aren't so don't worry yourselves to death. I fit almost every symptom and had a 99% known exposure. If your story is very close to mine PLEASE RESPOND.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Rare occasion, no antibodies? Please answer ImmuneFail 04/23/13 01:42 AM
. * Re: Rare occasion, no antibodies? Please answer ImmuneFail   04/30/13 11:56 PM
. * Re: Rare occasion, no antibodies? Please answer johnson147   04/23/13 03:05 AM
. * Re: Rare occasion, no antibodies? Please answer crabmanModerator   04/23/13 08:20 AM
. * Re: Rare occasion, no antibodies? Please answer ImmuneFail   05/25/13 12:19 AM
. * Re: Rare occasion, no antibodies? Please answer kicker   05/25/13 07:23 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
3 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4795

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3