Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

John_Ortiz

Reged: 04/07/13
Lying about HIV status consequences?
      04/07/13 03:42 AM

11 months ago I was cruising online and found this semi-attractive guy who claimed he was a bottom. I ended up meeting with this guy and asked him if he had any condoms with him, but he said no and I asked him if he was DDF and HIV- and he said yes so I took a chance and engaged in unprotected oral and anal sex with him. I did ended up ejaculating inside him, but I did not see any blood as I pulled out. As soon as we were done, He dropped me off and left and I immediately regretted what I had done. I was mad at myself for believing he had condoms and for agreeing in the moment to have unprotected sex. I texted him and asked him that I had never done that before with anyone and needed reassurance that he was HIV- and DDF. This guy told me that it was not his problem and completely left me hanging in worry and anxiety.

However, I was very fortunate to have a good friend whom I shared with him this horrible experience and he calm me down and convinced me to go get tested. It was after about 4 weeks that I went ahead and got tested and got free testing via Planned Parenthood (So thankful for the services!!!)I took the quick 20 min test and came back negative. I also gave blood for the ELISA test and two weeks later came back negative. During this whole time I did not hookup or met any guys since if I did come up positive, I would know from who. I went to the same clinic after 2 months and got tested and came back Negative for both the quick test and ELISA test. Again during this whole time no hookups. I waited for after 6 months to get tested and again negative for both.

Anyway, so at this point I felt confident that I was HIV Negative and was ready to get back on the hooking up scene, but definitely being safe. I placed an ad on craiglist to hookup and this stupid horrible guy (the guy I met that I had unprotected sex with) replied to my ad requesting to hookup. By now I had become HIV savvy and started asking him questions that could indicate he was positive. I replied asking him "nice body etc....so are you undetectable?" He didn't even remember me!!! And he told me "Yes, undetectable" I felt very angry and concerned not for him at all but for all the guys he could possibly infect and was not honest. I ended the conversation with him saying "Yeah, I can't host later" and I just think this guy needs to go to jail or something!!!

Bottom line, I could not have gone through this emotional stressing and awful situation without the support of my good friend. I am 22 yrs old, not out due to religious family, and never had been this scared in my life. I thought about my family and unprotected sex is not worth it. I'm a good looking guy, smart, and way better than that guy.

Anyway I feel that I am going off topic here. Overall, I was just tested again 7 months post-unprotected sex and got a phone call saying my results were nonreactive and negative (at first they called me and this freaked me out since I usually got my results via email, but I guessed things changed in California IDK)

Anyway, my question for you is if there is still a slight risk I am infected with HIV even though I came back negative, because after all I did have unprotected sex with this guy who is positive? Also, I am thinking of confronting this guy via email or person because what he did to me was awful and don't want anyone to go through what I went. Can I make him go to jail? That is how angry I feel.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Lying about HIV status consequences? John_Ortiz 04/07/13 03:42 AM
. * Re: Lying about HIV status consequences? crabmanModerator   04/07/13 08:29 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1860

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3