Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

rob422

Reged: 04/03/13
symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time
      04/06/13 12:21 AM

okay i can't find this question in the index.
i'm very new to this whole HIV scare. and i'm also finding out that everything i've read about HIV from other websites is misleading.

i don't really care about the possibility of my infection status or whatever, i just want to learn about this virus. it appears that it's harder to catch than from what i've read.

thanks to crabman who educated me a little more, i have a few questions to fit the missing pieces because of the contradicting material i'm reading between websites -_-

symptoms of HIV include flu, weightloss, swollen lymph nodes, malaise, night sweats, anxiety, etc, etc..
but those are also symptoms of ARS.
and after ARS you go into the asymptomatic phase.
so my question is when do you actually experience the symptoms of HIV?

or is the symptom of HIV actually going through ARS for a few weeks, then a phase of an asymptomatic life? in which case the symptoms i listed above, as symptoms of HIV, are only associated with ARS and present for a few weeks, until the AIDS status?

so the cycle of HIV/AIDS goes as follows?
1. ARS
2. asymptomatic phase
3. AIDS

my biggest question is the asymptomatic phase as it seems misleading to me.

in this phase, you're not supposed to get any symptoms for 10 yearsish.
what if you get sick during this phase?
how can it be determined if it's associated with HIV or not? and the symptoms of HIV are too common, so wouldn't the slightest illness be triggered by HIV? in which case it wouldn't actually be an asymptomatic phase?
i dunno if it sounds confusing, but i'm really confused.

thanks in advance

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time rob422 04/06/13 12:21 AM
. * Re: symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time crabmanModerator   04/06/13 08:04 AM
. * Re: symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time rob422   04/07/13 04:44 AM
. * Re: symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time kicker   04/07/13 11:06 AM
. * Re: symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time rob422   04/07/13 11:03 PM
. * Re: symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time crabmanModerator   04/07/13 08:14 AM
. * Re: symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time rob422   04/07/13 08:40 AM
. * Re: symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time crabmanModerator   04/07/13 08:50 AM
. * Re: symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time kicker   04/06/13 02:20 AM
. * Re: symptoms of HIV and ARS question one more time rob422   04/07/13 04:45 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6970

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3