Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

rob422
New User

Reged: 04/03/13
my hiv symptom question more elaborated
      04/04/13 09:14 AM

so i read on a lot of websites that symptoms of HIV include flu-like symptoms, nail changes, rashes, headaches, pneumonia, disorientation, dry cough, night sweats, etc, etc.

but i'm slowly learning that these are the acute symptoms... right?
which means they should all appear suddenly a few weeks after infection, last for a weekish, then go away all together, right?

during the asymptomatic phase, none of these symptoms appear as an acute phase.. but is it possible for them to appear individually?
i'm really sorry if it sounds like my first question but i keep reading different articles that contradict a lot of articles and topics that i've read. so i'm trying to get a better understanding of the disease.

phase 1 = acute symptoms. they last about a week. night sweats, fevers, colds, dry cough, nails change, rashes, insomnia, loss of weight, headaches, swollen lymph nodes, disorientation, irregular menstrual cycles (not applicable to me)...
also, is it possible to only get a few of the acute symptoms?

phase 2 = asymptomatic phase, where there are no symptoms associated with the acute phase.
so does that mean you won't get any of the acute symptoms as a group? or go through the acute phase again? can you get the acute symptoms individually over and over again (as if they are chronic, like i asked in my first question?)

then if your t-cell count is <200 then it is now AIDS.

this website seems to be the most informative out of all the websites i have researched. so if you guys don't mind, i would like to extract as much knowledge as possible..
so sorry and thanks in advance

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* my hiv symptom question more elaborated rob422 04/04/13 09:14 AM
. * Re: my hiv symptom question more elaborated crabmanModerator   04/04/13 11:50 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1243

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3