Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Alyska

Reged: 03/30/13
I'm scared
      03/30/13 03:19 PM

Alright, so about 8 months ago, I dated a drug user for 2 months. He always got needles from the needle program. I asked him if he'd been tested for HIV and he told me yes. I was stupid to believe him. He turned out to be a liar.

About two weeks after we had unprotected sex, I got swollen lymph nodes, oral thrush, a cold sore (which I have never had before), mouth ulcers, my wisdom teeth starting coming out, , and a fever, almost all symptoms of ARS (PLUS the time at which they appeared). I got really sick for about two weeks and almost fainted at one point.

About 4 days before this all started happening, I got a scrape on my ankle from playing baseball. It was pretty big. I didn't bother to clean it right away and my ankle started becoming sore and red. I went to the hospital and they gave me Keflex, (aka Cephalexin) because they thought I might have a blood infection. A lot of these symptoms are also in the list of symptoms caused by Keflex.

I broke up with him in August and was tested mid September, mid October, mid November and then at the end of November. The last test was the test after 3 months of possible exposure. They all came back negative.

I was terrified of my ex during October because of his aggressive tendencies and became very anxious and afraid to leave my house I have gained it back.e. I lost about 10 pounds from the stress.

Anyways, I know the test came back negative and people say it is conclusive but I keep getting swollen lymph nodes in my neck. They are quite tender. I even got one at the back of my neck, which is not usual for me. My throat is not swollen, nor do I have any other infections going on. I also feel feverish quite often

Am I just scaring myself or do I have good reason to be afraid?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I'm scared Alyska 03/30/13 03:19 PM
. * Re: I'm scared riverprincessModerator   04/01/13 07:33 PM
. * Re: I'm scared crabmanModerator   03/30/13 04:40 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 638

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3