Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation
      02/26/13 05:45 PM

Quote:

Well I am gay and this is the first time I had done sex. The other guy was a stranger and when I asked if we are going to use condom he told me he is clean not to worry. I was bottom and we did anal multiple times. After two days I asked him to do a ELISA test which came out as negative. Not sure which generation was it. But now this guy told me he just had sex 2 days ago before having sex with me. Now I am not sure if he used condom that time and the ELISA test result is of any value at all. Now its been nearly 6 weeks. I am not sure which tests should I go for at this point. Please help. I am really depressed. My best friend just moved to another town. I am not sure with whom to share all this. I have decided never to do unsafe sex again but what lies ahead is freaking me out.

a person who does not want to use condoms is a public danger. next time you come across someone who does not want to wear a condom get your stuff and go away from there.

you're six weeks post exposure so a test at this point will give you a very good indicator of your status. if it's negative, then it's very likely you're negative, but you'll have to confirm this result with another test at least 13 weeks post incident. test with a classic blood drawn (3rd, or better, a 4th generation Elisa)

other STIs can be transmitted through unprotected anal so you may test for these as well:

http://www.sfcityclinic.org/stdbasics/stdchart.asp

PLEASE use condoms next time.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation chetan 02/26/13 04:44 AM
. * Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation chetan   02/28/13 04:53 AM
. * Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation ashler1977   02/26/13 05:45 PM
. * Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation Tamani   02/26/13 07:49 AM
. * Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation spiritflame67   02/26/13 09:24 AM
. * Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation chetan   02/27/13 03:31 AM
. * Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation chetan   02/28/13 12:34 PM
. * Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation ashler1977   03/07/13 02:30 PM
. * Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation riverprincessModerator   03/02/13 11:41 AM
. * Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation chetan   03/06/13 09:53 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2738

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3