Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Masha

Reged: 01/05/13
HIV scare, please help. :(
      01/05/13 12:58 PM

Alright, I'll start from the beginning so you get the general idea. I'm a 21-year-old from Serbia. My country is one of the countries with a smaller HIV rate in comparison to the States and some more developed countries, for example. 6-7 weeks ago (it's already going into week 7 actually), I had sex with a guy of an unknown status. He told me he was clean, but he could have it and not know that, as far as I'm aware. He's had a certain number of female partners, but he told me he used condoms every time. Again, you never know. We had sex with a condom but during it the condom broke. I remember we switched positions and when I wrapped my hand around him to continue, there was a bubble of air around the end of the condom. We stopped and he felt it up and realized that it broke. We stopped as soon as we saw it, didn't have intercourse after that. I'm not sure when exactly the condom broke and if he even penetrated me after it broke, that is what makes me nervous. Basically, even if he did penetrate me with a broken condom, it didn't last for long, I'm guessing.

Now, two weeks or so ago, I got some rash on my legs. It looked like mosquito bumps and it itched. It started as a few bumps around my left ankle and then a few of those bumps spread up my leg, but it stopped after a few days. Yesterday, 47 days after the, I'm guessing, low-risk exposure, I got fever, around 37.2C and I took some Ibuprofen and it went down. Today I woke up and it's around 37.6C. A few days before I got this fever the same mosquito bumps appeared on my arms, but only 2-3 bumps on each arm, nothing too big. They also itch.

I know you can't tell if you have HIV based on the symptoms but I went to get tested and was told to come back after 3 months because they don't test before that. I'm really scared and I need your opinion on this, I would appreciate it if you could tell me whether these symptoms indicate seroconversion or not. Thank you.

Edited by Masha (01/05/13 01:00 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV scare, please help. :( Masha 01/05/13 12:58 PM
. * Re: HIV scare, please help. :( kicker   01/05/13 06:49 PM
. * Re: HIV scare, please help. :( Masha   01/21/13 02:50 PM
. * Re: HIV scare, please help. :( kicker   01/21/13 03:39 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3035

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3