Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

arthurriga

Reged: 12/14/12
Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!!
      12/14/12 10:10 AM

Hello – im a 29 year old male and very scared. 
About 6 weeks ago I have had protected sex with a sexual worker while being intoxicated.
She performed oral sex on me for about 15 minutes in a condom. Then I took off the condom and went to the washroom to urinate. After that I put the condom back on (potentially inside out .. just not sure. due to intoxication) and she continued with oral sex for 10 minutes. After that I have had vaginal intercourse for about 15 minutes in the same condom. Then I removed he condom and threw it on the floor. Approximately one hour later I put the same condom back on (potentially inside out .. just not sure) and continued to receive oral sex for about 15-20 minutes. I did not ejaculate.
I have been living Chronic Prostatitis for about 5 years now and often have strong inflammations when an irritant enters my system. This sometimes happens when I have oral/vaginal sex with a new partner.
The next day after the episode described above I have felt strong inflammation with pain, itchiness, discomfort in genital area (common symptoms of prostate inflammation). This is my hint that some exchange of fluids have potentially taken place. Either her saliva, her vaginal secretions or both might have travelled up the urethra… somehow. The symptoms of inflammation have come and went for about 3-4 weeks after the episode and eventually cleared up. For about 10 days I was taking an Cipro antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory to help treat this prostate inflammation.
During this period I was very worried about have contracting and STD or HIV and I have tested 2 weeks after the episode with the tests coming back negative. (realize it is early for HIV)
About 10 days ago (4.5 weeks after the sexual episode). As I was making my way from the shower to the bed (after a 1hour long soccer game). I suddenly felt VERY cold and shiverish it took me about 1 hour to warm up. That night I woke up twice completely drenched in sweat but at the same time had chills. I had to change my shirt as it was soaked. For the next 4-5 days I felt what seemed like symptoms of mild cold/flu.
-malaise primarily – light headness and mild dizziness..
-Some cough and sinus (very mild)
-BUT NO FEVER. My body temperature has continued to stay around 36.5-36.8 C range for the past two weeks. I measure temperature a few times a day.

These symptoms were weird vs what im usually used to, as one day I would be completely fine but the next I would continue feeling malaise.
In the past 4-5 days I have woke up on two separate occasions at night with MILD sweat (my forehead and feet felt damp) and generally body hotness. I measured my temperature right away. It was 36.5 C.
My throat has also being mildly sore for the past two days now. Now i feel mild irritation anytime is swallow.

I don’t hink my lymph nodes are swollen. Don’t see any bumps on my neck or jaw line and do not feel any tenderness in that area, but not sure as im not a doctor.

Yesterday I have also noticed red bumps on the back of my tongue and a bit of white color on my tongue. Im not sure if this has been there before but I am afraid that it might be oral thrush.
It looks similar to this picture:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3lqRlO1Q3ew/TjpsZpbMSiI/AAAAAAAABPM/bv1IhK66VKQ/s1600/candida-thrush-tongue2.jpg
With a whiteness and two red bumps similar to the one in the top left corner of the pic.

I want to go and get tested in a week or so. But im incredible SCARED! I have been having very severe anxiety. Constantly thinking about it and checking myself for symptoms for the past month. Anytime I got a bit sweaty at night I would almost not be able to fall asleep constantly checking if I’m sweating more or less. Anytime if felt a body itch I would run to the washroom to check if I have rash on my body. I keep checking my temperature and my throat.

Im VERY VERY Scared and anxious! So im not sure if my symptoms are the result of that. I have spent many hours on HIV related informationals online to try and assess my risk. I know I have to get tested and planning to do so in a week, but in mean time I need to consult someone as I feel like im going to collapse from anxiety…  as I cans sleep well and my appetite has suffered.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH BELOW:
My main symptoms after 10 days are: Weird malaise feeling that comes couple times a day- during which I feel light headed and body hotness, mild sore throat (no cough) and night sweats (no fever), and bumps on my tongue.
1.CAN YOU PLEASE ASSESS MY RISK BASED ON MY SEXUAL EPISODE AND SYMPTOMS THAT IM HAVING?
2.CAN HIV RELATED NIGHT SWEATS BE PRESENT WITHOUT FEVER? (MY TEMPERATURE IS ALWAYS BELOW 37 C, NEVER HAD FEVER)
3.MY THROAT SORENESS IS VERY MILD, COULD IT BE RELATED TO ANXIETY IM HAVING?
4.IS WHAT IM SHOWING IN THE PICTURE CONSIDERED AN ORAL THRUSH?

PLEASE HELP!!! ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Arthur

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!! arthurriga 12/14/12 10:10 AM
. * Re: Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!! CCCC   05/15/13 09:11 PM
. * Re: Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!! ashler1977   12/14/12 05:11 PM
. * Re: Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!! arthurriga   12/16/12 07:33 PM
. * Re: Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!! STDAsk   12/21/12 12:04 AM
. * Re: Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!! ashler1977   12/17/12 09:16 AM
. * Re: Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!! jamesmore32   12/16/12 07:42 PM
. * Re: Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!! arthurriga   12/17/12 09:11 AM
. * Re: Potential HIV symptoms. Please ADVISE!!! riverprincessModerator   12/19/12 08:56 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20397

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3