Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Reged: 11/18/12
4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure
      11/18/12 04:12 AM

Hi guys,

Firstly - thank you for running such an informative service. I have already posted this on another forum but maybe you - as experts - can help shed some light / further offer some assistance.

Please help me.

45 days ago - whilst traveling across Indonesia - I had what I believe to be a very high risk encounter.

After about a week or two of being back - and after multiple instances of unprotected sex with my girlfriend - we both began exhibiting symptoms.

First came the fever / diarrhea / sore throat / runny nose / itchy hives / muscle ache / numb lips / minor torso / facial rash and fatigue. These have been plaguing us daily right up until this very moment. We are both also often covered in bruises despite not doing anything even remotely physical / labor intensive during the day.

(The muscle ache / fatigue / bruising in my case is so severe I literally feel like I can barely walk, or lift my arms. This is regardless of eating well - when I do have an appetite - and always getting between 8-12 hours sleep each and every night.)

I've convinced myself several times this is / was all just due to over-research / guilt / anxiety but then that wouldn't explain my girlfriend's symptoms (who had absolutely no idea that there might be an issue / or what the symptoms might be).

She was the first to have oral ulcers and thrush - both oral and vaginal and has also had bladder incontinence, extreme weight loss (mine isn't quite as bad) and blood in her urine. Pins and needles is a frequent occurrence in our hands and feet - mine maybe once an hour or so / particularly after waking up - and my girlfriend 'four, maybe five times a day'.

We both had full STI and UTI blood & urine tests at the one week and four week mark and EVERYTHING has come back negative. Everything.

Today - 40 days since exposure - and the reason I'm finally resorting to posting this - is because things, in my mind, have become significantly worse. I woke up - as usual drenched in sweat - and noticed an extreme, dark-red looking rash has appeared up on one of my palms (the small ones I've seen on my chest are usually quite faint and disappear after a few hours).

Several hours later my girlfriend fainted and seizured - for almost a minute - right in front of me. Her eyes rolled back in her head and even when she did finally come round it took a good few minutes for her to even know where she was or what had happened. This has never, ever happened before. She insists she is fine - 'I'm just run down', with an innocent - wonderful - but breaking smile on her face.

I am absolutely positive / terrified this is early HIV Encephalitis - why else would NOTHING be showing up in any tests that could possibly explain ANY of this? Nothing. No STDs / UTIs / vitamin deficiencies / mono / bugs etc etc etc?

I've told them I feel our immune systems aren't the greatest right now (which would explain the antibody results) but the doctors just say that regardless, there's nothing they can do right now as the fact is: the tests *are* both / all still coming up negative. They haven't offered any other explanations or treatment. 'Come back in two weeks / at the 6 week mark'. Obviously I will but for now I just feel hopeless. Hopeless, desperate and suicidal with anxiety.

Right now my girlfriend is sleeping next to me - beautiful, my world - but pale, gaunt, a raised itchy rash on her neck and face, and white / cracked skin in the corners of her mouth.

I am sick to my stomach, can't stop crying, and would give my life for her in a second if I could just make this stop.

Please help us. What can we do? I honestly feel that every second we waste is another second that this is just going to get worse.

Please. Are there any tests - other than the viral load (which they won't do) - that might show anything / finally get us - her - started on treatment? Please. Please.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure 908320498 11/18/12 04:12 AM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure 908320498   11/24/12 10:48 AM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure crabmanModerator   11/24/12 12:36 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure 908320498   11/24/12 10:41 AM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure 908320498   11/21/12 08:06 AM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure casper   11/21/12 10:33 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure crabmanModerator   11/21/12 09:13 AM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure 908320498   11/21/12 04:44 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure 908320498   11/21/12 08:02 AM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure 908320498   11/20/12 08:27 AM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure ashler1977   11/20/12 01:53 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure Sherezade   11/19/12 07:49 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure 908320498   11/18/12 06:34 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure casper   11/19/12 11:18 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure ashler1977   11/19/12 10:06 AM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure crabmanModerator   11/18/12 07:53 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure casper   11/18/12 04:05 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure riverprincessModerator   11/18/12 01:53 PM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure ashler1977   11/18/12 09:33 AM
. * Re: 4 week 'negative' girlfriend showing extreme symptoms post (my) exposure 908320498   11/24/12 10:45 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9975

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3