Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: ARS symptoms and the correlation to seroconversion and window period?
      08/26/12 08:44 PM

Correct if you are experiencing symptoms of ars that means your immune system would be producing antibodies, because the symptoms you experience while converting is from your immune system not by thee virus. A test at this point would show either indertiminate or positive if you were indeed infected not negative.

Since you are having symptoms and for so long HIV is NOT your problem (your risks were slim at best anyway) so I would suggest doing a full std panel minus HIV. And then talking with your dr about other causes.

Also for future reference ars doesn't show up with different symptoms at different times. Sorry you don't get the runs one week then something totally different the next. It works just like any other cold or virus. One day you feel a little tired then the next like total crap then a few days of total crap then you start to feel better and then it's done back to normal. Just like any other bug. Why? Because its a virus not because it's some super duper alien species trying to pop out of your chest.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* ARS symptoms and the correlation to seroconversion and window period? more responses please treeoflife1 08/26/12 07:26 PM
. * Re: ARS symptoms and the correlation to seroconversion and window period? kicker   08/26/12 08:44 PM
. * Re: ARS symptoms and the correlation to seroconversion and window period? treeoflife1   08/26/12 09:02 PM
. * Re: ARS symptoms and the correlation to seroconversion and window period? kicker   08/26/12 09:52 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5985

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3