Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

tonydewitt

Reged: 03/28/12
Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms
      06/21/12 03:36 PM

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for posting this - other sites like this do not even allow the mention of HTLV, never mind testing for it. I have been suffering with similar symptoms for seven months, initially going through the odyssey of HIV testing. Doctors are completely ignorant about HTLV and testing for it, I even had to suggest testing myself for it. For some reason, HTLV has been swept under the rug and completely forgotten by the medical industry. Even when it's recognized, it's sugarcoated as an asymptomatic, rarely fatal illness, not the miserable illness that you've described. I've started online petitions for recognition of HTLV as a public health issue, and also for clinical trials of Azacytidine to treat and possibly cure HTLV, as was done with a patient in Greece. Best wishes to you and thanks for being brave enough to come forward with this, so the rest of us can stop thinking that we are crazy for not feeling well.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms Jambasher 10/16/09 05:54 AM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms babboo   03/19/10 07:25 PM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms iknowigotit   02/14/10 11:42 PM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms unleadedcoffee   01/07/10 06:16 PM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms Sivideret   10/17/09 11:05 AM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms Jambasher   10/22/09 09:27 AM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms tonydewitt   06/21/12 03:36 PM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms tonydewitt   08/20/12 06:51 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15542

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3