Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

SkilledWorrier

Reged: 04/17/11
Contact with Dried Blood on School Desk
      04/17/11 07:11 PM

Hi. I'm a moderate worrier... having sudden acute concerns that result every so often.

At school a couple days ago, there was a decent amount (1-2 sq. in., or so) of dried blood on the desk next to me. And it's possible that blood on the table could have been very freshly dried, from a previous class. This desk was my friend's and I was constantly reaching over to borrow/share papers and there's a 99.9% chance I did touch this spot of dried blood. And I have had those little red spots of slightly-opened dead skin things on my finger tips near my nails my whole life. At least one is usually sensitive and red--not a huge gash, but definitely a partial opening of the skin, and occasionally they bleed. Anyway, I washed my hands an hour afterwards, very thoroughly with soap. (It seems possible to me for any dry blood flakes I was washing to stream down into those small openings.)

Assuming the worst, that the blood was indeed HIV+, what is my risk? Secondly, because I touched a lot of my stuff after touching that blood, is touching that stuff now a risk?

Thank you so much.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Contact with Dried Blood on School Desk SkilledWorrier 04/17/11 07:11 PM
. * Re: Contact with Dried Blood on School Desk bartlebyAdministrator   04/18/11 01:01 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4173

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3