Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

mountainman1970

Reged: 01/31/11
Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut
      01/31/11 06:35 PM

hey there. thanks again for your reply. you have been a big help. but please, if you can answer me this, I will be happy. My main concern is that if this person did have a cut on his hand or finger and it came into contact with my cut.. supposing that this other person has blood on his wound, would his wound still be considered an environmental surface? that is my main question. if i can get by that and get a difinitive answer, i will be fine. in retrospect, i have toched many door knobs, bathroom door handles, etc and never worry about it, due to that not being a risk. its just that I had this small cut this time on my finger and that is what is freaking me out. if I hadnt had the cut, i wouldnt have even woried about. Jackie, to be honest with you.. the people who gave me my HIV tests in 2007, were HIV positive, i had my tests done at an HIV clinic. I shook hands with them, and allowed them to prick my finger. I never thought another thing about it. and I wouldnt have either this time, if I hadnt have had a cut. anyway, if you can help me with the part about whether or not the HIV being un infective on his hand, that is if he had any blood on his hand.. then I can move on. Thats all that is bothering me. i know I prob sound like a homophobe, but I am not and I do not mean any dissrespect towards anyone. thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970 01/31/11 02:03 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 02:56 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 03:18 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 04:48 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 05:14 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 06:21 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 06:35 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut bartlebyAdministrator   02/01/11 11:26 AM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   02/01/11 02:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16400

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3