Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

mountainman1970

Reged: 01/31/11
Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut
      01/31/11 05:14 PM

hey there again! thank you so much for your help. what you are saying is making so much sense and thanks for the clarification. I guess what has me worried is that one website says one thing and another one says another as far as when speaking about the amount of time it takes for the virus to become inactive. i was pretty much ready to let this go saturday night when i read that the virus becomes unable to infect outside its host via the cd.gov website and other forums). but the cdc website didnt mention anything about the blood still being on the body of the host.. it only mentioned things about the blood being on an environmental surface.. I was confused. If I knew that the virus was 100% inactive just being outside its host, ex (esposed to air, temp, etc), then i would be fine and i could let it go. i do honestly feel much better about the situation knowing that the virus is not infectious after leaving the host, but i guess my question would be... when does it become inactive? I know deep down that i didnt see anything on this persons hand nor did i feel anything on his hand. and I didnt see anything on my hand. i just had the tiny healing cut. i even went for about 2 hours before washing my hands after the handshake. but I guess there are always what ifs..Jackie, you are fantastic.. if you can assure me that the virus is inactive, even still on the hosts body and not just a random environmental surface, then i will be fine. i guess i just like absolutes. thanks so much again for your wonderful help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970 01/31/11 02:03 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 02:56 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 03:18 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 04:48 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 05:14 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 06:21 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 06:35 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut bartlebyAdministrator   02/01/11 11:26 AM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   02/01/11 02:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14460

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3