Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

mountainman1970

Reged: 01/31/11
Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut
      01/31/11 03:18 PM

thank you so much for your answer. to be honest with you, i am a bi/straight person.. i had a real risk years ago and swore that i would never put myself at risk again. i guess some of that is playing into this. and i know that people shake hands everyday and dont even know that someone is gay or straight. i didnt mean to offend anyone if it appeared that way. it is just hard to accept that there "could" have been some sort of a risk. in my mind "any" potential risk is a valid one, even if it was coming into contact via a handshake. i just worry about what ifs and such. and i just dont want to feel as if i have to wait until sometime in late april to have to test for this crap. i also called a local cdc location and the lady told me pretty much the same thing and that she wouldnt even test for this.. she said it was a minimal or probably not even a risk at all, only if there was a huge sore place on me and the other guy having a sore place that were both bleeding. God, why is it so hard for me to accept this? i know all of this sounds easy for you and would prob sound easy to most people on this forum who had real risks and also to people who actually have HIV. i have always been a constant worrier.. and I know I need help.. the biggest thing that helped me so far was reading that Dr. Bob on this website pretty much tells everyone it is no risk at all, and the CDC website says that HIV is not infectious out of its host. I guess, jackie, my question to you would be.. does the statement "not infectious outside its host" include cuts??? I mean if there happened to be a cut on someones hand and the blood was exposed, would that mean that the exposed blood would not be infectious? thanks so much for you help. it is greatly appreciated!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970 01/31/11 02:03 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 02:56 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 03:18 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 04:48 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 05:14 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 06:21 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 06:35 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut bartlebyAdministrator   02/01/11 11:26 AM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   02/01/11 02:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14437

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3