Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

mountainman1970

Reged: 01/31/11
HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut
      01/31/11 02:03 PM

hi there. first i must say I have terrible anxiety over this possible exposure. 10 days ago, i was at a barber shop with my father. he was getting his hair cut. the barber was gay. afterwards the barber came over to me and shook my hand. i didnt think too much of it at first, but after i remmbered i had a tiny cut on my index finger from either the day before or 2 days before the handshaking. anyway, the cut was not bleeding and i didnt notice any blood or cut places on the barber mans hand. the handshaking took less than 2 seconds. i guess my question is what is my risk here? i have asked repeatedly on other forums and even the doctors forum over at a popular medical website. everyone told me i had no risk at all. i guess my question would be..IF and that is IF there had been a cut place or any blood on the barber mans hands or fingers, how long does hiv stay active outside the body in blood? I am so terrified of having to test again. I tested a few years back over and over repeatedly out to over 1 year and a half afterwards and all of my tests were negative then.. and I just dont think that i can go thru this again, even to the 3 month mark. can someone please let me know if this is a risk or not and even if the HIV virus remains active outside its host body and for how long. the CDC website says that HIV is not infectious outside its host body. God, can someone please help me out. Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970 01/31/11 02:03 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 02:56 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 03:18 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 04:48 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 05:14 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut Jackie__Blue   01/31/11 06:21 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   01/31/11 06:35 PM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut bartlebyAdministrator   02/01/11 11:26 AM
. * Re: HIV risk from a handshake with a tiny cut mountainman1970   02/01/11 02:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14488

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3