Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

scared
Unregistered

worrying myself sick
      04/04/00 10:18 PM

I am looking for an opinion...Please, do NOT say "get tested" as I simply get ill just thinking about it. I just want someone, who knows something about AIDS to give me their opinion on the odds of being HIV+. Here is my scenario. OVer 13 years ago, I had an affair. Every day since the AIDS thing started making major headlines, I have worried SICK that I may be HIV+! I have no reason to believe that this man was HIV+, and he is still alive and well today. He was married, as was I, and both of our partners are alive and well. I guess the reason I worry (besides the guilt thing) is that a short while after our one night deal, I became very ill with flu like symptoms. Also, my husband and I have both recently had bloodwork done (CBC's and some sort of profile) both of which showed no problems. So, I guess my questions are. 1. What are the odds that 4 people could be HIV+ for 13 years or more and all still not know it?2. Wouldnt my bloodwork have shown something that would have raised a question in Dr.'s mind if I were HIV+ for 13 years? I know some will think I am crazy for not getting tested...but I cant...I am violently ill as I write this. Any opinions would be appreciated because I am WORRYING myself sick!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* worrying myself sick scared 04/04/00 10:18 PM
. * Re: worrying myself sick Carie   04/04/00 10:18 PM
. * Re: worrying myself sick Scared   04/04/00 10:19 PM
. * Re: worrying myself sick Casie   04/04/00 10:19 PM
. * Re: worrying myself sick Scared   04/04/00 10:20 PM
. * Re: worrying myself sick Casie   04/04/00 10:20 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2550

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3