Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Jambasher

Reged: 10/12/09
Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms
      10/22/09 09:27 AM

Thankyou for nice words. I will certainly fight.

I do not know the specifics of htlv infection and brain function in "asymptomatic" carriers. Back in the day I was trying to find out stuff about what I had I noticed some articles on it affecting cognitive skills in some way. And that htlv infected people, asymptomatic, and those with spinal cord disease performed noticeably lower on tests measuring neurological aspects of attention, concentraqtion and short term memory etc. and had some peculiarities in MRI's

I have seen some people complain of the same thing with very similar symptoms writing on hiv forums testing repetitively negative.

All I know is that couple of weeks before I first got sick, when I didnt even know about htlv, and didnt suspect any std or me even being sick since I thought we both were std free after testing some months ago, I started noticing I couldnt watch a movie to the end without loosing my intrest/ zonig out, then later half an hour episodes of tv serieses. Was very irritable, thought it was strange, because I had just started a holiday and was happy about it.

Then I got sick with I guess some kind of "ARS" and for maybe 2 weeks felt very confused, had strange crying spells without reasons and I guess some panic attacks or something without any history of such. Then I got better and the mood things went away, though that was it. But I noticed my memory was not normal, I could hardly focus on reading a book I had started before getting sick, was well into it and wanted to continue. I thought I was just tired from having been sick. Then the symptoms started coming back and worsening slowly and my concentration got worse. Im more calm pshycologically about this now and dont stress really. Im accepting not being as healthy as before, and not as sharp, but my concentration is ridiculously bad I forget words out of sentences and have to ask people to often repeat many times I walk into rooms constantly and dont remember why, try to and just stand for couple minutes Have not been able to follow tv or books. Im practicing, playing some memory related games and so on, meditating. Hasnt helped much, but without them I might be even worse off. Its funny, its kind of difficult to be stressed soon losing the train of though and not continuing to stress about whatever it was.

I guess for me the best way to describe this is that I dont feel more stupid, just slower and my mind has a hard time taking in info, processing it and combining to previous experiences. Get distracted very easily by backround noise, my head doesnt know where to focus in a way.

Havent had an MRI, will soon I guess, but I doubt its gonna be too interesting.

I can hadle the bad teeth, blurry vision and not sweating, would like to get my thinking a bit better, would make life a lot easier to continue in the sense of having one aspect "full"I hope at least my body adjusts and it settles down a bit after the initial puch of getting sick. Symptoms are worsening so far though.. Maybe I will try anti depressants at some point, if they would help, just to rule that out.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms Jambasher 10/16/09 05:54 AM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms babboo   03/19/10 07:25 PM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms iknowigotit   02/14/10 11:42 PM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms unleadedcoffee   01/07/10 06:16 PM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms Sivideret   10/17/09 11:05 AM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms Jambasher   10/22/09 09:27 AM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms tonydewitt   06/21/12 03:36 PM
. * Re: for hiv- people with long lasting symptoms tonydewitt   08/20/12 06:51 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14817

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3