Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Net
Regular

Reged: 05/04/09
Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Re: Flipping out. Sick of reading about symptoms...
      05/05/09 03:12 PM

Hey Countingdays,

Oral sex does not carry risk of HIV transmission so don't worry about that. Saliva doesn't make for good transmission at all and no cases have ever been reported of HIV transmission that way.

As for your protected vaginal sex, if it was completely protected and nothing went wrong with the condom then that's also OK and you don't need to worry either even if one was "particularly dodgy" as you put it.

The problem with you now is that your anxiety has taken over and you start looking for symptoms. Believe me, in your state you will find them whether they are real or not, Probably all caused by stress and anxiety. Amazing how the human body actually does that.

Doing the PCR DNA will not help because when you get the results whatever they may be, you will still be wondering if they are correct or not and your anxiety will just multiply.

Take a deep breath, relax and don't worry. If you want to be 100% sure, get tested at 6 weeks and if you really want to also at 3 months. I am sure your results will be negative on both tests.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Flipping out. Sick of reading about symptoms... countingdays 05/05/09 12:35 PM
. * Re: Flipping out. Sick of reading about symptoms... Net   05/05/09 03:12 PM
. * Re: Flipping out. Sick of reading about symptoms... countingdays   05/05/09 07:33 PM
. * Re: Flipping out. Sick of reading about symptoms... Net   05/06/09 02:22 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2902

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3