Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

bios23
Expert

Reged: 04/27/08
shades, rob, ravi, lilly, ffo, and everyone readin
      06/25/08 02:19 AM

Hey Lily!
By looking at the date you must know your result already. I searched on the forums for your posts but I couldn't get a result. how was it??

shades, robert guy, ravi, lilly, my friend finally finding out, and everyone reading

I was working on a reply earlier this afternoon but my brother came to use the computer and before i was finished and in the rush of closing this window i lost it. But it was basically to thank you all because because along with Dr. Frascino you really helped me giving me the always needed emotional support, and accurate information to have a better understanding about the infection.
I've met some great people in this experience including some people with HIV in my city, and now that at least i'm a bit more informed about the subject I'll try to do my part on creating awareness on 'casual sex chats' where, I'm a bit to ashamed to admit, this expereince started, and on giving support and encouraging people to not pay attention to anything else but test results. symptoms mean nothing.
So I'm becoming a regular on this website from now on

Gladly (and a bit sadly?) you guys are better informed than some docs here in catholand. A doc really freaked me out when he found out about the experience, which I told him after a 6 week test I got. and frankly freaked the hell out of me making me think I just exposed myself to a huge considerable risk of contracting hiv...even with protection . technically he is a good doc, but too 'old school' conservative to be a good doc i guess. Anyways that just made things worst since as you remember I was going myself nuts over this, probably by what some of you including lily posted, guilty feelings about bi-curious experience. And I understood the importance of people listening to one. I was really alone in this. not even my best friends still know about the real truth. And my family doesn't even know about me getting tested.

At 6 weeks i got a negative 4th gen antigen - p24 test. Today, past 12 weeks I got another negative. and even though my 6weekt was a 4th gen, I thought for my own peace of mind i better waited the 12 weeks to get a confirmatory test. Some people say 13 but at this point nothing will change

Its 1.09 in the morning, and I'm a bit tired. I'm not even sure if what i'm typing makes much sense, but I thought keeping you guys updated and thanking you with all my hart was really the least thing i could do given the amount of help you gave me. Really thanks a lot.

Anyways, as I stated before, I'm becoming a regular on this forum and will try to do my part on informing people with up to date info and encouraging them to get tested.
Hopefully I can use the scare of my life, and a white tongue even without being HIV poz, to give reasurance on that symptoms mean nothing. One can imagine fever, but not a white tongue. Hopefully that will help making my point on future interventions.

Much love and light and thanks to you all,
Bios

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go woohoo? bios23 04/27/08 02:35 AM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go woohoo? shadesofgrey   04/27/08 08:01 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh Robertguy   04/27/08 09:55 AM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh bios23   04/28/08 05:04 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh Robertguy   04/29/08 02:55 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go woohoo? ravi   04/27/08 05:31 AM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh bios23   04/28/08 04:47 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh lily   04/28/08 05:03 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh bios23   04/29/08 09:21 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh lily   05/05/08 05:02 AM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh bios23   05/08/08 06:10 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh lily   05/18/08 11:02 AM
. * shades, rob, ravi, lilly, ffo, and everyone readin bios23   06/25/08 02:19 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8717

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3