Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

timemachine

Reged: 06/09/08
Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background
      06/09/08 06:29 PM

hi. I have a quick question and maybe someone here can help me. last year I took a number of HIV Rapid tests, Oraquick. and they all came back negative. I do however have a question. One of the last ones I took, was done a bit differently.. the NP who did the test, did not follow the directions. When she did the test, she pricked my finger to get the blood and instead of using the white hoop to collect my blood specimen, she took the test device itself and scraped the blood from my finger onto the test device paddle, then put it into the solution and then let the test run. She took it into another room and I waited in agony for 20 minutes. She then comes into the room and tells me the test was negative. I asked to see it, and she showed it to me. The Control C line was easily visible.. no problem reading it.. The only thing different was that the background color of the test failed to clear all the way. it had a peachy/pink colored background.. Again, the test result was easily read... NEGATIVE, only 1 line at the C.. Anyway, I asked her about the peachy background and she said it was because she got too much blood in the solution..Anyway, can someone on here who is an expert help me out? I tested again last Monday and the result was NEGATIVE. This test was done at a different place..and I trust that result.. I am just trying to find out about the test last November with the pink background... I tested 2 times the week before that test at a different location and the test results were all negative and they looked perfect....I hope there is an expert here who can help me.. Right now, I will value anyones opinion.. I really need to close this dark chapter out in my life.. I thank you so much.

let me also add that the oraquick website only states that the test is invalid if the result is hard to read..Mine was easily read... ONLY 1 LINE at the C area triangle... Anyway, I guess the answer I am looking for is kind of on the scientific side of things.. what caused the danged pinker than normal background??

Edited by timemachine (06/09/08 06:40 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background timemachine 06/09/08 06:29 PM
. * Re: Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background ravi   06/11/08 11:31 PM
. * Re: Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background Jackie__Blue   06/09/08 09:27 PM
. * Re: Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background timemachine   06/09/08 09:51 PM
. * Re: Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background timemachine   06/10/08 09:08 AM
. * Re: Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background Cobal   06/10/08 09:47 AM
. * Re: Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background timemachine   06/10/08 09:56 AM
. * Re: Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background Jackie__Blue   06/10/08 09:33 AM
. * Re: Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background timemachine   06/10/08 09:41 AM
. * Re: Oraquick HIVrapid test light pink background Jackie__Blue   06/10/08 10:47 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7656

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3