Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

lily

Reged: 04/24/08
Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh
      05/18/08 11:02 AM

Hi Bios!
Me too I wanted to let you know I still visit here for extra support. I know what you mean about taking your mind off stuff like this - it's like a break you need from time to time. Unfortunately for me, if after this break I get another symptom or whatever, I get back in the obssessing game with renewed energy! It's a never-ending story...
I think we're all in charge of our own sexuality whether the society around us likes it or not. But I also know society can make us feel guilty about sexual orientation as well as a lot of other things - I for one have been struggling with ethnicity and identity issues for quite some time and only now have I been able to bring myself to talk about it to a therapist and some close friends and family. And that's because the backward society I've been born in is still incapable of dealing with traumas affecting people like myself.
I'm finally realising how much harm this emotional problem has caused me over the years: it's pushed me into depression, self-destructive guilt, obssessing over diseases etc. - all because of issues of self-worth. I wish I knew all this yearlier and treated the cause rather than the effects. I guess better late than never...
As for the whole HIV issue I've come to think that one could take on anything if one believes in a guiding principle. It's no fun being diagnosed with something like that but I think it all comes down to peace of mind and strength of character. I think a person like Dr. Bob has both, thank God for that, plus amazing compassion for human kind! I think it's also very revealing the way he got infected - I honestly think doing a job like his is for people capable of self-sacrifice.

Anyway, good luck on your 3-month test! Let me know how it goes. I have to confess I'm going in again at 10 weeks... Wish me luck! )
Take care!
lily

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go woohoo? bios23 04/27/08 02:35 AM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go woohoo? shadesofgrey   04/27/08 08:01 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh Robertguy   04/27/08 09:55 AM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh bios23   04/28/08 05:04 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh Robertguy   04/29/08 02:55 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go woohoo? ravi   04/27/08 05:31 AM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh bios23   04/28/08 04:47 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh lily   04/28/08 05:03 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh bios23   04/29/08 09:21 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh lily   05/05/08 05:02 AM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh bios23   05/08/08 06:10 PM
. * Re: besides obvious mental issue lol,can i go wooh lily   05/18/08 11:02 AM
. * shades, rob, ravi, lilly, ffo, and everyone readin bios23   06/25/08 02:19 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9457

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3