Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

ConcernedGuy

Reged: 03/06/08
Caught something. Scared HIV might be next.
      03/06/08 05:09 AM

Hi there, hopefully someone can give me some words of insight here.

Bi guy here who had an encounter about two weeks ago with another guy. We engaged in unprotected oral and anal sex (top here). After everything was over he handed me a towel to wipe off with and I noticed some brown (presumably fecal matter) in the lube as well as streaks of blood. I immediately went to the bathroom and washed my penis with soapy water and after getting home drenched it in rubbing alcohol (I know, bad idea)

About two days later I developed a pain in my urethrea that would come and go. Two days after that I noticed I had a slight discharge although it never did hurt when I urinated. Went to the clinic two days later and got put on Zithro, which cleared up the symptoms (plus 5 Amoxicillin I took before that out of paranoia).

Now I'm worried that I might've caught HIV as well. He reassured me he was negative on everything as he has other health issues (diabeties and high blood pressure) that require he get a physical every 6 weeks or so which he said include a full STD check up. He seemed overly concerned about my status as well, asked me three different times if I was clean as well as the last time I got tested (which was back in November). I know some people will say that a person who tells you they are negative is most likely telling the truth but it's obvious that I caught something off of him, he could've been lying about his HIV status as well...

I go back to the doc sometime this week to figure out what the culture results for my discharge was, although he and I assume it was Chlamydia. And I know I'll have to wait a bit longer before I can test conclusively negative for HIV. Anyone have any insight as to how much my risk was at catching this as well as the STD if he was indeed poz?

Thanks in advance.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Caught something. Scared HIV might be next. ConcernedGuy 03/06/08 05:09 AM
. * Re: Caught something. Scared HIV might be next. Choosing2Liv   03/07/08 11:05 AM
. * Re: Caught something. Scared HIV might be next. whocanfigure   03/07/08 12:46 AM
. * Re: Caught something. Scared HIV might be next. Jackie__Blue   03/06/08 07:33 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3079

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3