Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Striker
Unregistered

Re: ARS? - Symtpom
      10/09/01 01:38 PM

Ok, I'm not going to snow you and say that you had a low risk encounter. Unprotected sex with a woman on her period is a high risk activity, but this does not mean that you have contracted HIV. Do you know if she was HIV+ or not? Status can make a difference here. Also, there is not guarentee that you contract HIV if you come into contact with it.

As for your symptons, let me address some of them. First, you sound like you have a upper respiratory infection. Congestion is not common in ARS. A sore throat and swollen nodes could be, but they could also be related to sinuses. Do you know for sure you nodes are swollen? Has a doctor checked them and told that they are? If not, then don't assume. I have been dealing with what I thought was swollen lymph nodes for about a month a half now. Thus far, every single time I have been to the doctor, no swollen nodes. Also, you didn't mention what nodes are swollen. ARS is a generalized swelling of lymph nodes, not just one or in one area like your neck. Finally, lymph nodes swelling can caused by any type of infection. The lymphatic system plays a huge part in the body's fight of infection. So, swollen nodes could be a reaction to anything really.

A fever is a very common sign of ARS. I believe it's something like 94% of people get a fever with it, so you should have it too if it was by chance ARS. Again, another reason why not to think that you have contracted HIV.

A 5(or close to 6 week) test is a good start, but definitely not conclusive. You need a 12 week test for that.

I know how you feel my friend. I have been there and as have many, many others on this board. You did have a risky activity, but I do not think this is ARS from what you have described. I wish you good luck and will say a prayer for you. Come back if you need more help. :-)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* ARS? - Symtpom Anonymous 10/08/01 10:44 PM
. * Re: ARS? - Symtpom Striker   10/09/01 12:35 AM
. * Re: ARS? - Symtpom Anonymous   10/09/01 09:56 AM
. * Re: ARS? - Symtpom Striker   10/09/01 01:38 PM
. * Re: ARS? - Symtpom Anonymous   10/09/01 02:19 PM
. * Re: ARS? - Symtpom Striker   10/09/01 03:11 PM
. * Re: ARS? - Symtpom Anonymous   10/09/01 10:11 PM
. * Re: ARS? - Symtpom Striker   10/10/01 02:24 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4138

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3