Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Chuck
Unregistered

I need mental help
      04/04/00 07:40 PM

Alright here is my story and maybe someone is kind enough to help out. About three months ago i was intimate with a female (mind you im still a virgin) and it lead down to me fingering her. After the fact i was so scared and was checking my fingers for cuts or anything that would lead to believe that i got infected. I had found one cut but it was on my ring finger and never went inside of her. I cam down with a sore throat and body aches and all and completely freaked out. As i was taking a shower one morning i randomly moved my tongue across my cheek and felt a rather large bump! I went to the mirror and looked at it and it was white and rigid looking but it wasnt sore. I was so scared that i went to emergency room and the doctor took one look at me and brought in another doctor. They both shook their heads and the doctor proceeded to ask me questions such as if im gay, IV drug user etc. I answered no to all of it and he swabed my mouth looking for fungus. Well, lucky to say i tested negative for fungus but still wanted me to take the test. I decided why not and did. I tested negative and was doing great mentally for a while and then slowly started to drift back to my worried ways. I have asked doctors about the white bumps and they have said that it is because i chew the side of my cheeks. Also what i did was low risk and they would not recomend me getting another test but i cant seem to get this out of my head and as much as i want to believe the doctors i just cant. Is what i did wrong? Am at low risk? Should i get tested again (even though i know ill probably end up getting tested over and over even if it comes back neg)?....please help!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I need mental help Chuck 04/04/00 07:40 PM
. * Re: I need mental help GEO   04/04/00 07:41 PM
. * Re: I need mental help Kay   04/04/00 07:41 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2037

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3