Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hpv and protected sex
      10/26/06 12:09 PM

I have HPV given to me by a girl I dated 3 years ago. I never even knew I had it. No signs or symptoms until it was too late. Then I saw tiny little cauliflower bumps on my penis but didn't know what it was till too late. I found out after a new girl I dated afterwards (regular unprotected sex) had a routine pap smear and she found out she had it and we traced the infection back to me. I use condylox gel (very caustic) periodically whenever I now see a wart. From what I hear, condoms are ineffective against HPV( the most common STD out there) because it is a skin thing so any mucous membrane contact can spread it.Check the CDC's website for more info. During sex, remember where the base of the condom is and where it ends and try not to go passed that point during penetration to reduce the risk of transmission.It is the lower part of the penis that isn't covered by a rubber that can do it. With HIV it has to get in through a skin opening, blood or fluids. HPV is different. It is mucous membrane contact.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hpv and protected sex Anonymous 10/23/06 10:41 PM
. * Re: Hpv and protected sex Anonymous   10/23/06 11:40 PM
. * Re: Hpv and protected sex Anonymous   10/26/06 12:09 PM
. * Re: Hpv and protected sex Anonymous   10/26/06 01:18 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5241

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3