Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

MissTake

Reged: 07/28/06
introduction
      07/28/06 07:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a little of my story. I've been on and off these boards for about a year now, trying to help when i can. I used to post on here as worriedgirl so hello to all of you awesome ppl that helped me out before. EricCO, sadface, ravi, aids2hiv, and everyone else... you guys are all so supportive, understanding and awesome :) I have a problem with promiscuous sex. I'm usually careful about it but sometimes I am unsafe because of the fact that i have manic depression. when i am in that manic state everything seems almost like a fantasy so my mind tells me i don't have to worry about realistic things. i am worried again, i had ONE risky exposure since the last time i was on here. i can't seem to think of anything else. Everyone makes mistakes and i am no different. I have accepted that everything happens for a reason and so no matter what my results are I would still like to be a part of raising awareness as I live in a very small narrow minded community. The compassion that is shown here (except for the few bad apples) is amazing. It lets me know that ppl do still care about each other even though most of the world seems hateful. I live in a small town in rural Kansas and I want to help advocate awareness of HIV and other STD's because I honestly feel like it is something that is calling me. I want to help other people understand the risks and dispel myths that ppl have. I know this is shocking but the Kansas State Board of Education recently was trying to pass an amendment to teach abstinence only in schools. Can you imagine the devastation that would cause? No information to children about pregnancy or std's. Just telling them wait until your married and that's it. I was horrified when I heard this and of course i voted against it. It is going to be brought up again though for consideration. I know it is trying to be implemented in other states as well. Anyways, I just wanted to tell everyone how much I appreciate feeling welcome here and that some of the greatest ppl in the world are right here :)

--------------------
Exposed on 5/12/06. Awaiting 12 week test on 8/16/06

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* introduction MissTake 07/28/06 07:09 PM
. * Re: introduction coby   07/29/06 12:09 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 885

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3