Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Persistent Symptoms
      06/04/06 06:49 PM

I'm not an expert, but have read just about everything on TheBody's website. I, too am suffering from all kinds of symptoms, even after two negative test results after 10 months. Crazy, huh? I also have herpes and need to remind myself that there are symptoms and side effects that go along with herpes, a lot of them are similar to HIV symptoms, and some are side effects of Valtrex, do you take anything for it? I just wanted to let you know that a lot of your symptoms can actually be caused just by the worry and stress you are putting on yourself. The body weakens through stress and anxiety and is more vulnerable to catching things, sore throats alone can be caused from exhaustion and stress, heartburn, cough from a condition called GERD, that can also be triggered by stress. I know, I've done this to myself, TWICE now. Guilt plays a big role. I think once we start obsessing over the possibility of having HIV, we notice MANY more things going on in our bodies than we ever did, so when you say you were never sick, you probably just weren't as aware before. As for your mouth, were you always looking in your mouth before this? Probably not, and you probably had those sores many times before. Low-grade fever? Mine is usually around 99.3, and that is in the normal range for me, never knew it, but that's what it says on the thermometer info sheet, just never took it that much. I know how you are feeling, try to not think about it and realize you are ok. It doesn't sound necessary, but go get tested for peace of mind, your life will suddenly be back to normal, and this will all be in the past, with a few lessons learned. Good luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Persistent Symptoms Anonymous 06/04/06 12:44 PM
. * Re: Persistent Symptoms Anonymous   06/04/06 07:18 PM
. * Re: Persistent Symptoms AIDS2HIV   06/04/06 11:55 PM
. * Re: Persistent Symptoms sunkyst   06/04/06 01:18 PM
. * Re: Persistent Symptoms Anonymous   06/04/06 01:28 PM
. * Re: Persistent Symptoms Anonymous   06/04/06 06:49 PM
. * Re: Persistent Symptoms Anonymous   06/05/06 08:09 AM
. * Re: Persistent Symptoms Anonymous   06/05/06 04:18 PM
. * Re: Persistent Symptoms Anonymous   06/06/06 09:55 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3679

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3