Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS Symptoms
      06/03/06 09:05 PM

I would be lieing to you if I didn't say that you put yourself at risk for STD's, including HIV, because unfortunately you did. Acute Retroviral Syndrome Symptoms are VERY non-specfic....meaning the symptoms can be related to MANY other infections...viral or bacterial. A test right now would give you a conclusive result, that is, if you didn't have any risky exposures past the one in question.

Were your swollen glands confirmed by a physician? Many mistake their "nodes" incorrectly referred to as glands, as being swollen. Here is an FYI...everyone's nodes are different. You may have a large node, which my feel enlarged, but are considered normal. I am HIV negative, but I have glands that I can palpate (feel). They are in my neck (hardly can feel them) and they are VERY shotty in my groin..meaning that they are felt, but not pathalogical (meaing worrisome) I even have a gland in my left armpit up in my axilla, but then again, I lift weights and I shave my chest, and when I get razor bumps, my armpit nodes swell. Burn a finger, or part of your arm? Your armpit nodes will swell...walk barefoot outside and sustain a small cut? Your groin nodes will swell. NEVER go by symptoms....TRUST ME...in understand HOW YOU FEEL because I was you before...had a VERY risky exposure (insertive anal) and I got every symptom in the book....fever, swollen glands, sore throat, fatigue, swollen spleen, loss of appetite, weight loss ( was VERY glad for that LOL) and GUESS WHAT??? I had MONO......EFFIN MONO!!! SPENT 2 MONTHS WORRYING ABOUT HIV BECAUSE OF MONO...this was back in February. Lesson learned? Heh...that's an understatement.

Please don't be upset if someone tells you "dont go by symptoms, get a test" because frankly, they are correct. Most of these folks are HIV postive, and they do have knowledge about the virus....listen to them...they know what they are talking about.

Go get a test Monday. If this was a one time exposure, then the odds are in your favor that you are negative. But don't rely on odds, because you are bound to lose someway, somehow.....

Good luck, stay safe, and enjoy life. Positive or negative...we will never know when our time is up!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* ARS Symptoms Anonymous 06/03/06 06:29 PM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms Anonymous   06/04/06 07:50 AM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms Anonymous   06/03/06 09:05 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4155

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3