Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Aids2hiv do you relly think??
      05/18/06 10:16 AM

Yet in the United Kingdom, there is not ONE case of a person seroconverting past week 13 in the last DECADE. Other than what I have read in the posts from Florida, I have not heard of any recent cases involving late seroconversions involving people who do not have severely impaired immune systems prior to infection. The people who fall into this category are:

1) Chemo therapy patients
2) Organ donor recipients
3) Long term IV drug users
4) People who have taken PEP treatment

I guess you could live in fear forever and test monthly forever.

One anecdotal case on an internet website is nothing to base a lifetime of fear on.

My understanding of Florida is that s(he) got a false negative on a quick test, and then when a standard elisa test was done, a positive result was found.

The 3 percent figure used by the CDC is based on old data.

Adult entertainment actors get tested monthly. You could do this as well, but at some point a person has to get on with life. You could get hit by a bus while worrying about this, or you could miss out on a happy moment because this cloud of fear is casting a shadow on your entire existence.

Furthermore, if your symptoms were ARS related, that would indicate that your body is actively fighting the infection, and would be producing antibodies in response. Most people test positive a couple weeks after ARS symptoms appear, if those symptoms are in fact ARS symptoms.

Take care, please try to stop living in fear. I know that testing negative can seem too good to be true after you have convinced yourself that you are HIV positive.

If it makes you feel any better, on websites that are actually regulated actively with a moderator and medical experts, I have never heard of a person testing positive after 13 weeks in the last 5 years.

This website is not really secure. Anyone can post anything. From the recent Leon posts, it is clear that some mentally ill people come here just to cause fear.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Aids2hiv do you relly think?? Anonymous 05/18/06 08:30 AM
. * Re: Aids2hiv do you relly think?? Anonymous   05/18/06 02:32 PM
. * Re: Aids2hiv do you relly think?? SteveR   05/18/06 09:21 AM
. * Re: Aids2hiv do you relly think?? Anonymous   05/18/06 10:16 AM
. * Re: Aids2hiv do you relly think?? ItsFaith   05/18/06 11:31 AM
. * Re: Aids2hiv do you relly think?? Anonymous   05/18/06 01:13 PM
. * Re: Aids2hiv do you relly think?? Anonymous   05/18/06 10:24 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2403

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3