Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Guys check this please when u have time
      02/09/06 05:37 PM

I am the guy who had oral sex performed on him last week without a condom for 10 secs or so and then had protected sex for 1 or 2 mins and ended up the next day with a sore penis and groin area..anyway the only positive result I got on my blood work from saturday and monday is shown below..

I had no clue I already had this and I can't figure out how as I last had sex maybe 4 years ago and it was protected. My doc says this indicates an old infection not anything that could have happened last week.

Herpes AB TYPE 2 igg 10.01 H

This assay is type specific and will differentiate between HSV1 and HSV2 infections. A single positive result only indicates previous immunologic exposure and thelevel of antibody response may not be used to determine active infection or disease stage.

HSV IGM AB W/RFX TO TITER
HSV IGM AB SCREEN
NOT DETECTED

I tested negative for HSV1 and positive I assume for HSV2 but the test and my doctor say its an old exposure. How can they tell that and how is this possible when I never shown any symptoms. The only reason I went was because of an unprotected oral sex I recieved last thursday and I am worried about HIV. I was shocked as hell to see this. The index value level was 10.01. It also showed this

<0.90 NEGATIVE
0.90-1.10 EQUIVOCAL
>1.10 POSITIVE

My HSV1 came back 0.05 in range

I am baffled , does this mean I didn't get this herpes from my mistake last week? I almost hit the deck when I got this result today from my tests. I am doing all the other tests again tomorrow but this one I can't believe..I pray its not from last week as that means I may have gotten more stuff from her that I really don't want.

Is my doctor right that this is an old exposure? How can they tell that?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Guys check this please when u have time Anonymous 02/09/06 05:37 PM
. * Re: Guys check this please when u have time Anonymous   02/10/06 10:22 AM
. * Re: Guys check this please when u have time Anonymous   02/10/06 11:07 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1300

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3