Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: LabCorp only use's 2nd Generation Test???
      09/10/05 02:35 PM

ok,
So there inexpensive....could kind of figure that but i thought one of the main reasons the window period was shortend to 3 months was the fact of newer generation test's?
This is really pissing me off because the first test i took at 7 weeks was done by labcorp and later i found out it was only a 2nd generation test so i called another testing service at 10 weeks and asked what generation test they use and they told me 3rd generation, so i took the test even though it was twice the price of the last test and they sent me to a labcorp site and then i tested at 12 weeks at the same place threw the same testing service and now i find out threw other post's that Labcorp is using second generation test's......This is really bothering me because i paid extra because i wanted a newer generation test that they claimed they provided.
I called them today and asked them what generation test's they use and they said the newer test's then i said what generation? then they told me third generation...then i told them that i recently learned that Labcorp use's 2nd generation test's and she was kind of dumb founded for a lil and i told her i asked them before i took these tests about the generation used and they said third and it was the reason i agreed to purchase the test......then she tells me at 12 weeks it doesnt matter what test you take your fine.....i told her maybe yes maybe no but i purchased the test because u told me it was a third generation test, then she ask's me if i called labcorp and asked them i said i called and since today is a saturday no one there could answer my question ......then she tells me third generation are only a lil bit better earlyer during the infection.....im still really pissed....im calling labcorp monday to ask them about there test's and if they dont use 3rd generation essays im going to call this F*cken service back and demand a refund or atleast the price differnce between my first test and these 2 recent test's....im still pissed and norw scared because i used a test that 15 years old........i went today(14 weeks) and did another test at quest labs with a third generation test(40 dollars cheaper by the way) and now i got to wait again

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* LabCorp only use's 2nd Generation Test??? Anonymous 09/10/05 12:16 PM
. * Re: LabCorp only use's 2nd Generation Test??? Anonymous   09/13/05 08:22 AM
. * Re: LabCorp only use's 2nd Generation Test??? Anonymous   09/10/05 07:27 PM
. * Re: LabCorp only use's 2nd Generation Test??? Anonymous   09/10/05 02:05 PM
. * Re: LabCorp only use's 2nd Generation Test??? Anonymous   09/10/05 02:35 PM
. * Re: LabCorp only use's 2nd Generation Test??? Anonymous   09/10/05 02:58 PM
. * Re: LabCorp only use's 2nd Generation Test??? Anonymous   09/10/05 03:16 PM
. * Re: LabCorp only use's 2nd Generation Test??? Anonymous   09/10/05 03:40 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3677

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3