Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Broken condom
      08/25/05 07:33 PM

A few months ago I broke up with a long term girlfriend. Since I was single again, I decided to get a complete std check since we use to have uprotected sex occasionally. 4 days before my scheduled test I ended up having protected sex with a random girl of unknown staus from the bar, a stupid drunk, single again decision. During vaginal intercourse at some point the condom broke. When I withdrew my penis (before ejaculation) and noticed the broken condom, I also noticed that she was beginning to menstuate...So not a good situation. 4 days later I was tested. All tests came back negative except HIV which was EIA + and WB -. I retested at the 4 week point from that exposure and got the same results again. EIA+, WB-. I have since retested at 7.5 weeks, but Ill have to wait a week or so for the results. Also I have just started to get some constant muscle pain throughout my whole body for a few days now, Also I have had some groin pain with some strange bowel movements, constipated one day, slight diarreah the next day. Every now and then I feel some irritation in the lymph node locations? but they arent tender to touch orswollen that I can find. Other than that I have not had a fever at all or any other syptoms. The muscle pain is the main one, that really bothers me. It didnt start until about 6.5 weeks or so. Does that sound late for ARS? Also is it possible for some antibodies to show up on an ELISA at 4 days? If anyone could shed some light on my situation or any thoughts I would really appreciate it...Im going crazy waiting for these results...All I know is that it doesnt sound very good to me, especially with these test results. Thank you

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Broken condom Anonymous 08/25/05 07:33 PM
. * Re: Broken condom M&M   08/26/05 08:31 PM
. * Re: Broken condom Anonymous   08/26/05 08:49 PM
. * Re: Broken condom Anonymous   08/26/05 05:15 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2284

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3