Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: Help ... HIV or PEP Rash?
      08/10/05 11:06 PM

I'd like to answer the most important quiestion first. your rash could have easily been from the meds you were taking. It is very common, and I've seen alot of people need to stop them for a ton of reasons. and they still tested negaive (my husband being one of them actually).

But you physician was right by telling you that the ER would not constitute this situation where PEP should be mandated. (of course in your head, and in your fear.....if theres somthing to try and prevent it, why shouldn't you be allowed to get it). but from your description of the situation even to us, it was an unprotected encounter, consensuil, yes fearful, because of the unknown, but none the less, unprotected....and consentual. This is what you are showing the doctor every time you have an "accident". If you keep playing with fire....you know the rest.
you can't take a partner of unknown status willingly with no concom and expect that these drugs will PREVENT you from getting hiv. because it just wont. it 'HELPS to TRY and not keep you from converting, but its not something that is definitly going to kill any hiv that gets near your bloodstream.
If you keep putting yourself in harms way, and take these meds all the time, they too, will not work at all...even if you do catch hiv. you may use up possibilities in the future for yourself if you continue to feel that you should take them when you have allowed yourself to be put at risk. What you should take with you even before then is a condom, a couple if you have to, if the first one breaks. then...you dont have to go and ask your doctor for PEP.

good luck
love and prayers to you
debbie

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Help ... HIV or PEP Rash? GDog 08/10/05 10:35 PM
. * Re: Help ... HIV or PEP Rash? debtex   08/10/05 11:06 PM
. * Re: Help ... HIV or PEP Rash? GDog   08/11/05 08:10 AM
. * Re: Help ... HIV or PEP Rash? Anonymous   08/11/05 02:12 PM
. * Re: Help ... HIV or PEP Rash? GDog   08/11/05 02:40 PM
. * Re: Help ... HIV or PEP Rash? Anonymous   08/11/05 02:45 PM
. * Re: Help ... HIV or PEP Rash? GDog   08/11/05 02:48 PM
. * Re: Help ... HIV or PEP Rash? Anonymous   08/22/05 12:53 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7776

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3