Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Someone
Unregistered

Re: Possible HIV transmission/infection ???
      04/02/00 09:58 PM

>QUESTIONS:-
>==========

>1. If he is HIV POSITIVE, will I be infected with the virus from that incident, by having it 'INTRODUCED' into my body (via the urinary meatus) by my "finger-rubbing" act, without disinfecting/washing my fingers in the first instance ?

Well, let's put it this way. You would have a risk of infection if he had semen in his hands, touched you and put some semen in your pants in that way, then you touched yourself and got his semen in your hands, then you put it in the tip of your penis and it got into your bloodstream. Like it sounds, extremely, highly unlikely, almost ridiculous. I really understand your concern, since I suffer from it, but it's not likely. Let alone the fact that, if all of this happened, the virus would most probably be dead as it can't surive in an environment with oxygen. And, if by some sci-fi "whatever" we can't describe, it didn't made contact with oxygen, remember that it's not a rare thing to see people wich have completely unsafe sex with positive persons and don't get the virus. So in other words, get real, you ain't got a thing.

>2. In relation to Q1, are sore throats and feeling feverish coupled with runny nose and tiredness a sign of Acute Primary HIV infection. I'm having these illness since 10 ~ 15 May 99, which is about 3 weeks after the "EXPOSURE"?

Not exactly. While any hypochondriac (like myself) could easily fit those symptoms into the Acute Retroviral Syndrome, it's not likely. Had you had a virus? Well, you feel very very tired, fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and the list goes on. Now, You have runny nose, wich is not related to a the ARS in any way, therefore, you have mucus all over there inside you, it could cause you to have headache and sore throat, since mucus has bacteria wich are not suppossed to live in the throat, and therefore they don't work well there. All these symptoms may cause you to feel tired, and therefore somewhat feverish (when you are ill and tired, fever just happens to appear, well, at least to me). Also remember the scientific proof of psychosomatic illnesses, wich means symptoms, illneses, whatever you wanna call 'em caused by the brain (like when people are depressed). Therefore, if you have this HIV scare, you brain can create those symptoms. It's something completely casual, it's not rare and it's definitely not science fiction.

>3. Can a person catch HIV in such freak accidents ... where no SEX, DRUGS is involved ?

Yes. Sex and drugs are behaviors wich put you in high risk of infection of HIV, however you could get infected in countless other ways, since contact with dangerous fluids (like blood and semen) could happen, again, in countless other ways.

However, in your specific case, I'll bet Las Vegas you don't have a HIV.

>All views are welcomed.

Well, not what you mention it, here's a recomendation. Don't ever clean the tip of your penis with your fingers! Use something else, shake it, do somethin' about it but it's kinda unlogical to clean your penis while "uncleaning" your fingers, even if you are going to clean them later.

>Thanks!
No prob!

>worriedman
>15 May 99

Someone
May 20 1999
"The Year Iron Maiden got back on track"

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Possible HIV transmission/infection ??? worriedman 04/02/00 09:56 PM
. * Any advise on a rol Avala   09/10/09 07:38 AM
. * Any advise on a goo Avala   09/10/09 03:31 AM
. * Re: Possible HIV transmission/infection ??? Someone   04/02/00 09:58 PM
. * Re: Possible HIV transmission/infection ??? Anonymous   04/02/00 09:57 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7165

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3