Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV Through Food?
      04/23/05 05:29 AM

Hi, I was wondering what the odds are of getting HIV through food.

I was eating a crunchwrap from taco bell recently, probably a month ago, when I distinctly tasted iron/blood (which may have been the beef, because I recall having taco bell beef have odd tastes like that every so often). I swallowed the bite before I had a chance to spit it out, but felt around my mouth with my tongue to see if anything was bleeding. I didn't taste anything else, but 10 minutes later I licked my lips and faintly tasted blood, so I assumed I tared one of my lips a bit while eating. I got home and looked in the mirror, and didnt see any tares, or anything else wrong.

Well within the past two days I've developed a dry cough, within the past three days I've had loose stools, I've been getting headaches, but those might be from my sleeping pattern, which has been messed up since daylight savings time. I have headaches, but I also have TMJ and that might be causing it.

What are the odds about my situation? Also, I'm just plain curious, what are the odds in general of getting it through food? My wisdom teeth have been coming in for awhile and I've got loose gums on the back of my mouth, would that be a factor?

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV Through Food? Anonymous 04/23/05 05:29 AM
. * Re: HIV Through Food? debtex   04/24/05 05:07 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5132

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3