Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Scaredlittlegirl
Unregistered

Anxiety about being positive...turned out negative
      12/15/04 05:57 PM

I am posting this as a message to anyone who has worried or is worried about being infected. For the last year and a half I have been worried that I am HIV positive. I have read all of the forums on this and many other sites, and I developed an intense love-hate relationship with medical books. I am hypervigilant about my health and I noticed that 16 days post-possible infection I had swollen lymph nodes and a fever. It felt like mono, but I had had mono before. I also had extremely painful joints, fatigue, and a headache. About four days later I started having some abdominal cramping and diarrhea. My boyfriend at the time assured me that he had been tested, but I later found out that he was a pathological liar. It was then that I began worrying about having HIV, and today, a year and a half later I decided to get tested. I tested NEGATIVE. I have gone through a year and a half of incessant worrying, anxiety attacks and panic which has affected my school, job, and relationships. I did it all for nothing. The fact is that if I had gotten tested a year ago I would have saved myself and the people around me a lot of pain. Remember, I was EXTREMELY CONVINCED that I was positive....and I am not. To all of you out there who are worrying...get tested. Knowing is so much better than worrying and not knowing. Take care of yourselves.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Anxiety about being positive...turned out negative Scaredlittlegirl 12/15/04 05:57 PM
. * Re: Anxiety about being positive...turned out nega WorriedCA   12/16/04 02:34 PM
. * Re: Anxiety about being positive...turned out negative rjasin123   12/15/04 07:46 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2796

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3